Agnostic.com
6 19

A client of mine posted this meme on social media this morning. It's a few years old, but reflects my views today.

Julie808 8 May 16
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My sentiments exactly.

I remember that. It made the rounds on Facebook awhile back.

Betty Level 8 May 16, 2022

It'd be great if people would be like that. However, our capitalism motivates people to be assholes. They make money from being assholes. They make money from encouraging others to be assholes.

Plus, a lot of people have fucked up wiring. They get a thrill from kicking down. They like yelling and lying. They want drama, and will be as obnoxious as they have to be until they get it.

What we need is are ways to profoundly change these people's minds and behavior. We have to do it forcibly because they are not about to volunteer.

racocn8 Level 9 May 16, 2022

Yes, I'm naive in thinking that creating awareness and peer pressure can make at least some small improvement with the common voters and their voices can change the minds of the politicians directed by the big machine that feasts off of the division created by controversies.

It's not naive. A lot of the bad behavior comes from people who are frustrated like we are, but they feel compelled to act out in toxic or violent ways. Don't give up. We can only do what we can, but we also need to be more creative and develop new alternatives. The big problem is that those that profit off division also bribe our politicians to prevent improvements.

pretty much

good share.

glennlab Level 10 May 16, 2022

Carry a gun. Don't carry a gun?

BD66 Level 8 May 16, 2022

It doesn't say that. I'm glad I'm in a state where very few people carry guns and some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. The one person I knew who showed me his gun collection is currently in prison for shooting his housemate for not cleaning up the crumbs in the kitchen after making a sandwich. Do I wish he didn't have any guns? Yes. Do I wish to tell him he can't? No.

I like it.

Sierra4 Level 8 May 16, 2022
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators