Agnostic.com
5 8

Remember the bible verse where the "loving" Jesus crams all the nonbelievers into a winepress and squeezes their bodies until the blood covers the earth six feet deep for 180 square miles. No? You can find it in the New Testament, Revelation chapter 14.
Who will save us from Christian "love"?

CliffordCook 6 Nov 6
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As long as the clerics chose to include Revelations, it's fair for us to quote it.

Along with Snow White, Flatland & Gulliver's Travels?

@FrayedBear yes, but in particular I will use the crazy shit in Revelations to ridicule those people who believe every single word is true.

Revelations is Obviously the product of a massive drug problem.......pass it by.

Drugs are not necessary, unfortunately. Human beings are quite capable of coming up with violent delusions without chemical intoxication. The entire Christian bible is a violent delusion.The trouble is that we can't simply "pass it by" - not in the USA, where the Supreme Court is controlled by Christian Nationalist judges, and where at least one house of Congress will go to Christian Nationalist control in tomorrow's elections.

Sounds like an awful lot of effort when a scalpel through the jugular will take far less effort.

Yeah. It seems that Jesus was kind of a sadist who, like a James Bond villain, enjoys inflicting pain and death in flamboyantly strange ways.

Excerpts:
4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins.
5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless. (Christians? HAHAHAHAHAHA)
17 Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. 18 Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, β€œTake your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth’s vine, because its grapes are ripe.” 19 The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God’s wrath. 20 They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses’ bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.

Sorry, but you can blame psychedelics for the ugly evil hate-speech. These are pure psychopathic ramblings. And there can be no doubt this contributes to the hate that is the foundation of Christianity. Sick. Really sick.

racocn8 Level 9 Nov 6, 2022

They're easier to control when they are scared and you can threaten them with more violence.

I agree. The violence of the New Testament against those who refuse to obey is not the result of ingesting hallucinogenic mushrooms. It's the consequence of a social system that is determined to exert total control. Christian Nationalists are attempting to institute the same totalitarian religious power in the USA today.

I don't really care what a bronze age, writer on some kind of psychedelics said 2000 years ago.

glennlab Level 10 Nov 6, 2022

What I care about are the Christian Nationalists alive today who are taking inspiration from these Bronze Age and Iron Age writers. Their actions now are founded on these ancient hatreds. I wish they weren't relevant. I wish they could simply be dismissed as just some weird old ramblings. They are much more than that.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 32

Photos 77,293 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThese just annoy me🧐

Posted by KilltheskyfairySounds like something they’d do.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyInteresting numbers.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #Bible #children #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #fear #wife #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,991Top

Moderators