Agnostic.com
3 3

LINK 3 Dead, 5 Hurt in SoCal Edison Office Shooting: Fire Dept.

Another day, more carnage. 😔😔😔

SeaGreenEyez 9 June 18
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am curious with how many of these shootings are a form of suicide? Years ago people would get on the autobahns (and I suspect freeways here) and go the wrong way in order to commit suicide. They were pissed at the world and wanted to vent and kill themselves at the same time. Remember the airline co-pilot who dove his plane and killed all the passengers in the aircraft? Too bad these people are too stupid to realize this behavior is a part of the overall problem.

JackPedigo Level 9 June 19, 2019

@SeaGreenEyez I would ask is this an anomaly or just normal (for this country)? This is why we desperately need studies on gun violence.

@SeaGreenEyez I am referring to the freeze on funding for the NIH and CDC doing studies on this. I don't know about you but I seldom hear of gun violence studies. I remember the Texass shooting at the University tower.

@SeaGreenEyez Thank you for this information. So many battles so little time.
I realize some things have changed lately but still "And yet, the Dickey Amendment remains in the yearly budget bill, including the one Obama signed in December, and Congress still hasn’t earmarked any money for gun violence research at the CDC." It seems for so long the issue was not violence per se but the funding of research. Now, even under this rabid administration there is some funding and the NRA is having money problems of it's own which bodes well for our side. We still have the problem of this getting out en-masse so that everyone has access to it. Of course the gun industry and it's lackeys will do everything they can to show the research as fake news. It's an uphill battle and it often seems we have gained little ground.

@SeaGreenEyez As our elected officials are phased out we get new ones like tRump and ilk. There is never a guarantee we will get the politicians we need and, in fact, we seem to get politicians as a result of people's angst and anger about certain things.

@SeaGreenEyez By that time we probably won't care. However, tRump or no I don't think there's much we can do since the going ons in the world are not political but natural. The political is just a reaction to the slow crumbling of our life support systems. Sometimes I am happy my partner died so she won't have to experience what is going on. That might very well apply to us as well.

@SeaGreenEyez I have an adult daughter and 2 grandkids (one 23 and one 10). I simply tell myself they are just 2 of millions more that may have to experience a sad future.

My late partner once told her son (who has 3 kids - they are S. Baptists ) that the future for his kids would be very difficult. He said they were aware of that fact but were providing for the kids (money). This is one way the rich actually justify their status and do everything they can to keep and even enlarge it even more.

I do not understand why this can't be stopped. Oh wait, NRA lobby = money into Congressmen's pockets

Another day in America.....😔

Recent Visitors 16

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #parents #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 918Top