Agnostic.com
16 12

4 dead, 8 injured (5 critically.)

[nytimes.com]

[nbcnews.com]

I hadn't posted about school shootings for awhile even though this one makes 28 in 19 states thus far in 2021. 😔

This gun was bought on Black Friday. His parents had him posing for pictures with the gun, he was threatening on social media over the weekend, his parents were called to the school for a conference mere hours before he went to others. 😡😢

SeaGreenEyez 9 Dec 2
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What chance is there of gun control when a Republican senator posts a photo like this days after a school shooting,
He is Thomas Massie of Kentucky and the caption to the photo was " Santa please bring ammo"

Moravian Level 8 Dec 6, 2021

One thing not mentioned is why the school weren't more strict with this kid. They could have sent him home, they could have inspected his back pack. There was ample evidence he posed a serious threat and the school simply passed it to the parents.
A former partner lived in one of the Detroit areas, Farmington Hills. This was a semi-wealthy enclave but I was constantly told the wealthiest area was Bloomfield Hills. I suspect money and schools kowtowing to wealthy parents were a part of this mess. Even here, on Lopez, wealthy parents have a huge influence on our school system.

I believe the parents have now been charged with involuntary manslaughter. I hope they are found guilty.It may send a message to others, although I doubt if it have much effect
Heavykevy praised Rittenhouse for being an all American hero in another post and when I suggested he was a stupid youth who should have been sent to bed by his parents I got a tirade of abuse .
I don't know what is heavy about Kevy but it isn't his intelect.
Seemingly rational people cannot seem to see the connection between the proliferation of guns and the lack of control with the huge number of gun deaths and think that more guns will solve the problem. . Cognitive dissonance maybe ?

Moravian Level 8 Dec 4, 2021

The kid's parents are on the run.
Last I heard, there's a $10,000 reward being offered for their whereabouts.
That's 10K each.
Sure wish I knew where those assholes are.
I could use the money.

KKGator Level 9 Dec 4, 2021

Your link (above) is broken.

Too many children dying because too many old men are owned by the NRA.

"It's always the old to lead us to the wars
It's always the young to fall
Now look at all we've won with the saber and the gun
Tell me, is it worth it all?"
-- Phil Ochs, I Ain't Marching Anymore

mcgeo52 Level 8 Dec 3, 2021

Dead children is part of the cost of our current gun policies in America. Tons of people, some who are otherwise rational (like people I see daily) cannot grasp this fact. There's some magical disconnect in their mind that irrefutable evidence that meaningful, enforced, gun-control legislation would necessarily reduce the frequency and lethality of mass/school shootings is somehow wrong. David Cross has a hilarious bit in his Making America Great Again special on Netflix about a congressman who takes donations from the NRA holding their dying daughter after a mass shooting. It starts at 47:05, strongly recommend checking it out.

Charge the parents with a crime as well.

It's obvious that the unstable mentally challenged parents created a child with the same issues.

Lorajay Level 9 Dec 2, 2021

That's a huge problem, and it's getting worse all the time. In the past (prior to effective psychotropic drugs), someone with chemical imbalances in their brain was sent to an insane asylum. Today, people with serious mental health issues can lead moderately functional lives with the help of psychotropic medication. They reproduce and have multiple children who are inclined towards having mental illness.

Makes me wonder how long before some one seriously decides that "The Purge" might be a good idea after all?

How about the deaths in Chicago, New York, and LA this year under democrat rule???
How about that?

Who invited Captain Whataboutism?

@SeaGreenEyez it’s not 2019. Birmingham has got bad since they got their democrat Mayor. I will admit that

@SeaGreenEyez it’s still not 2019.

@SeaGreenEyez

Can you tell me what political party runs the top 20 cities for gun deaths?
It’s an expected story. Reduce gun rights, reduce police…

@SeaGreenEyez Thank you for trying to bring some sense and facts to the site. I am a contributing member to both CSGV and Alliance for Gun Responsibility. While living in Germany, I saw firsthand how gun can be regulated successfully. Most 'civilized' countries see us as barbaric (and we are) as far as this issue is concerned.

@SeaGreenEyez none of those are considered the most gun friendly states either really. Not like Arizona Idaho Texas Oklahoma. What you really are saying is poor people commit crimes with guns, no shit. But to completely avoid his point on these large urban cities with very strict gun laws having high gun violence is disingenuous.

@SeaGreenEyez Now break that down by city leadership.
You’ll find that they are 100% blue.
Democrat are in control of everything they complain about.

@SeaGreenEyez you haven’t shown me how I’m wrong yet…. Aside from your feelings anyway.
Do better

Absolutely tragic! It seems that some people who are sligthed, feel offended, feel insignifcant or ignored or imagine that others are making fun of them or betrayed them in some way, use it as an excuse to slaughter others.

First make an individuals(s) group or nation into a scapegoat for imaginary reasons then you have an excuse to commit all kinds of atrocities against them. It is typically the 'rationale' of weak minded cowards who lack the courage to deal with internal issues and project their fears onto others and then enact their murderous tendencies.

He attained global attention by depriving his fellow students of their life. He will simply be added to the annals of infamy and soon forgotten. There never was and there will never be anything unique about such people, history is replete with them.

ASTRALMAX Level 8 Dec 2, 2021

Never-ending parade of dead kids, it must stop

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 2, 2021

I hope his parents are charged in these Murders along with their "Good boy"..🤬🤬🤬🤬

Charlene Level 9 Dec 2, 2021

But, but, but...

Her emails!
The 2nd Amendment!
Parents' rights!!
Abortion!!

KKGator Level 9 Dec 2, 2021

I loved how you perfectly predicted exactly what the first dumb fuckin' Republican asshole to comment would do. Brava. Fuck Republicans.

There just aren't words to fully express my anger and disgust with parents like them.

Is that the best place to direct your anger? There are 1.2 guns for every single person in America. Our policies have a direct casual chain to dead children. Republicans consistently uphold these policies. There will ALWAYS be more dumb parents because our country is a majority of dumb people. Putting the dumb parents in jail after the school shooting doesn't do those dead children any good. Republicans are the common denominator.

@JeffMurray it might keep them from supplying more guns to their other kids.

@JeffMurray Republicans being the common denominator is a given. I don't need you to educate me about guns.

@Lorajay Are there a lot of separate shooting sprees perpetrated by siblings?

@JeffMurray I have no idea about that but if the parents give all their kids a gun. It could very likely happen.

@Lorajay I'm talking about where to best concentrate efforts (and place blame and anger). Preventing the one in a million double child in one household school shooter seems like a red herring to me. Great, punish the parents for being idiots, but no one should sleep better tonight if they're sending their kids to school tomorrow because of it.

@JeffMurray I guess I didn't express myself clearly again. I only meant that these particular parents would very likely give any other children they may or may not have a gun therefore if they are in jail they won't be giving any other kids a gun. I think it would be a good thing for these particular idiot parents to not have the ability to give anyone a gun.

I never meant to imply that it's very likely that any sibling of a mass shooter would also be a likely mass shooter. One thing I am very sure of no one shoots someone if they don't have a gun.

@Lorajay Agreed. Which is why I'm concerned about big picture gun legislation and the horrible shit-fuck Republicans that would rather hundreds of children get shot to death while trying to learn than fail to suck the dicks of the gun lobby groups. I don't have children. Never will. And I almost don't care about anything anymore. I'm pretty close to not giving a fuck about this either. (Which is why I didn't even bother responding to that other woman who apparently already knows everything there is to know about gun violence; I don't have to care about children getting slaughtered. I could vote like a scum-of-the-Earth-Republican and it wouldn't affect me at all other than to have to shrug off every subsequent lifeless body of a child as a small price to pay to be able to buy guns at will.) But for the potentially very short time I still do, I'm going to speak as loudly as I can. REPUBLICAN POLICIES ARE MURDERING YOUR CHILDREN. That is not hyperbole.

On to your point about locked up parents being unable to "give" a kid a gun. You know who else can't? All of the people that don't have/can't buy guns anymore. I don't disagree with you, it's just that you're describing putting a band-aid on a severed artery here.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 53

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #Christian #agnostic #parents #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 916Top