Agnostic.com
4 4

A just issued report how our neighbor to the north reacted more quickly than we did on control weapons of mass destruction guns. Canada has added a new ruling to its gun control laws. [npr.org]
”Canada has had far fewer mass shootings than the U.S. in part because of a lack of easy access to guns, though the U.S. population also is far larger than Canada's. Blair noted guns are often smuggled in illegally from the U.S., which he noted has one of the largest small arms arsenals in the world. The government plans to fight gun smuggling and trafficking by increasing criminal penalties, providing more tools to investigate firearms crimes and strengthening border measures. Trudeau said increased funding already helped border officials double the amount of smuggled guns confiscated at the U.S. border.”

JackPedigo 9 May 31
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No it is a different attitude just talk to them and if you are observant at all you will see what I mean. I think it is because of our press and the churches finding that it is easier to control using hate and distrust

Oldman51 Level 7 May 31, 2022

Thanks for all your "Thoughts and Prayers" Wayne LaPierre...(head of NRA).

Robecology Level 9 May 31, 2022

No it is a different society different attitude.Less greed and hate.

Oldman51 Level 7 May 31, 2022

And a larger landmass with fewer people. Still people are all the same and we must start to have saner gun rules. I did post one about this state.

@JackPedigo The UK has a much denser population than the USA but we don't have school shootings. A different mindset and sensible gun control. Gun control laws could come quickly but the mindset ?. It would probably take a few generations.

@Moravian It also says a lot for the mindset. With this topic this country is insane.

@JackPedigo I would go further: I see the USA as being murderously insane.

It ain't rocket science! From my perspective, anyone who opposes reasonable gun control should be viewed as the next potential mass shooter.

LovinLarge Level 8 May 31, 2022

I think maybe the gun nuts are afraid that more gun control will will actually bring gun deaths down. Then there will be even more control laws. A vicious cycle. Instead we have a vicious cycle in the wrong direction. It even spills over to other countries and the gun nuts can say, see their gun control laws don't work (thanks to the US).

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 14

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #parents #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 918Top