Agnostic.com
4 5

Can imagine surviving Co-VID here in UK . I have my first jab next Wed, 16th dec but it is the Brexit Deadline that will send me to the Looney Bin first. What makes it worse is the fact that more and more people are seeing it was the wrong way forward and British Reserve is stopping them saying so and having a confirmatory referendum.

Mcflewster 8 Dec 13
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Congratulations on getting the vaccine.

Zealandia Level 8 Dec 13, 2020

Great

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 13, 2020

Thanks All I actually had to do was live longer.
And I almost forgot , Have diabetes T2

Glad to hear you’ll be getting your jab next week...I’m expecting to get mine sometime in January I hope. As far as Brexit is concerned...it’s the worst of all worlds and I hate to admit it, as in this case I wish I was wrong, but I and 16 million others knew it would be a disaster in the making. In a few months time or possibly an even shorter time, a large number of those who voted for Brexit will be complaining loudly that they can’t get the same choice of foodstuffs and everything is too expensive (on WTO rules or as Boris insists on an “Australian Deal” which is a jocular euphemism for No Deal). There will be a shortage of fruit and vegetables for just one instance, with no EU immigrant pickers and our lot too lazy or lofty to do any manual labour in the fields. More alarming will be a shortage of drugs, this is a real health alarm as the medical profession have highlighted, we import much of our prescription medicine and that supply cannot bear any interruption to supply. The Brexit zealots in the Tory party are now steering the ship..and they are heading us straight into the rockiest of waters, a No Deal Brexit..which was always their intent. It is ideological madness, and all for an illusion of sovereignty...something we always had anyway.

rockiest waters? Indeed into the rocks!

@Mcflewster sadly it seems so.

Unfortunately, people and societies sometimes must hit bottom before they start to appreciate what they had before.

@JackPedigo, @Mcflewster and don't think you're getting our fruit either. C19 has made a mess on our migrant pickers (slaves).

@FrayedBear Good, fewer people (slaves) to exploit. We have one of the lowest food prices in the developed world. Other countries, like Europe, have found a way to bring in other EU members and give them decent working conditions and pay. It's the usual, our high standard of living on other people's backs. This needs to change.

@JackPedigo same as the hypocritical Americans with cheap Mexican & other's labour.

@JackPedigo oil has been a spectacular case in point but that has usually been through downright piracy, environmental irresponsibility, illegal sanctions and exploitation to say nothing of ripping off future generations.

There is always a silver lining. Most of the fish caught in UK waters is exported to Europe so if even temporarily the fish are left in the sea it may be a good thing.

@Moravian So Brexit is not a one sided deal! The UK, being islands, often did not think of themselves as being a part of Europe (the continent). Maybe this is even more so now that they have left the union.

@JackPedigo That is actually a major element ...not really believing we’re part of Europe has been the mindset of a large number of British people who never wanted to join the EU in the first place. There has been a hard core element dead set on agitating to get us out of “big bad Europe” ever since we joined.

@JackPedigo Certainly not. Europe will probably suffer as much as the UK. We are more pro European in Scotland going back to the days of "The Auld Alliance" with France.

@Marionville Thank you. My time living in 'Europe' and often visiting England I felt this was a strong sentiment. Funny little things like not allowing Bangers to be sold in Germany because they didn't conform to the German definition of sausage (too much breading) was one little thorn for the British. BTW, I much preferred Bangers over any German sausage especially Blutwurst - ugh.

@Moravian Yes...we have a completely different set of moral imperatives from the English too, like looking after the neediest and welcoming immigrants who are absolutely essential to the Scottish economy.

@Marionville I did hear the Scots and English were not always on the same page but didn't experience it until we actually went to Scotland and spoke with the natives (my partner's great, great grandfather was from Applecross). This seems also the case with Wales. However, I think the immigration issue is another matter.

@Marionville It's a funny old world.I have Tory voting Scottish born friends who also voted to leave and English born friends who are active members of the SNP.

@Moravian Scottish Tories are thin on the ground, they may find there fewer and fewer of them after this Brexit fiasco.

@Marionville Moray MP Douglas Ross has been chosen as the next Tory leader at Holyrood when Ruthie dons ermine in that geriatric care home in London.
He won the seat by around 500 votes and is on record as saying to the farmers who voted for him " don't worry about the trade deal with the USA, people will look at the label on foodstuff and reject the cheaper imported food and buy yours ". Will they never learn.

@Moravian yes...I’ve seen that little prick on some of the politics shows on TV....he’s a throwback to earlier times, I suppose they haven’t entirely died out yet!

Awful isn’t it. Fancy voting on such an open question with no plans or figures on paper. If Governments had performance reports! Lols.

There is one. It is called the Voting returns and everyone can contribute.

@Mcflewster oh, I didn’t know that. I’ll have to educate myself!

@girlwithsmiles Best way forward . Most people do not like doing what they are told

@Mcflewster I can’t find any information on it. I found out how to complain about the Parliamentary canteen and some voting terms. Government agencies, or civil servants: [ombudsman.org.uk]

(Re: doing what I’m told. It depends who tells me, but I like to be informed 😉).

What's new? Governments have been doing it for centuries.

@FrayedBear not in Australia, when they put forward a referendum for leaving the Commonwealth they put a plan forward.
It was stupid to take a yes no vote and then act on it without further consultation on the final plan: which is still not made btw.
Anyhoo, most of us will survive, longer than many.

@girlwithsmiles that sounds like wishful thinking or bravado!

@FrayedBear would you like to add a bit more substance to you comments instead if just dissing what I say without backing it up?

@girlwithsmiles Just vote first, and gradually get to know why you are voting that way! Re depends who tells you. You are underestimating your ability. You obviously can research and that COULD be all you need. Everyone else DOES NOT. They can follow your example. Have confidence.

@girlwithsmiles "Anyhoo, most of us will survive, longer than many." - what is your evidence?

@girlwithsmiles Although Australia is high in the longevity stakes you women still drive men to their deaths 4 years earlier than they go! Another case of women wanting to get the last word in or simply hoping longer than men?

@FrayedBear Just statistics, they mean nothing if you fall outside the bell curve.

@girlwithsmiles it took a man to write your proof!
Most people's lives are run by statistics and statistics say what the highest bidder wants.

@FrayedBear you’re just random. That wasn’t proof it was a quote as a response to your unjustified sexist drivel!
It was said by a character in a book fyi.

@girlwithsmiles "random"? What is - the chances that you will logically respond?
Sexist drivel? You put the Wiki url up which clearly show a 4 year difference between average ages of mortality of men vs women. Are you claiming Wikipedia is wrong, it wouldn't be the 1st time?
By the way bell curves include data from both sides of the curve.

@girlwithsmiles Are you misandrist and now stalking me?

Lols, nope, I have a life. Perhaps you claim women are misandrist due to your misogyny? You started with the women driving men to their deaths!
It’s not the first time you’ve claimed a woman is such is it? Is any woman that stands up to you awarded this label?

@girlwithsmiles I have no problem with being corrected whether by man or woman. I am tired of the lying hypocrisy of many vlaiming what is not. It is gaslighting, perjury & deception if not sign of mental illness.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 17

Photos 58 More

Posted by MoravianTory Corruption ?

Posted by MoravianA Tory Christmas carol

Posted by MoravianAny takers

Posted by MattHardyA Boris promise is just a lie that hasn't happened yet. Whatever Sue Grey says, no way is Boris going to admit he lied and resign.

Posted by MoravianJacob Rees Mogg is one of my least favourite people in the world.

Posted by MoravianBoris certainly has his finger on the pulse

Posted by webspider555No trump to take the spotlight off him now

Posted by MannanWhat do you think.....?hahaha

Posted by McflewsterEVERY BORIS SPEECH [agnostic.com]

Posted by MoravianPolitics in the UK

Posted by webspider555All set to go well with the vaccination roll out

Posted by webspider555Vaccine already in production

Posted by webspider555If Boris is mentioned then I cannot rule out it being true

Posted by HawkeyeNew to this group, thanks for having me :) Thought I would share something that has had my poor wee atheist brain turning for a few days (the article is a few days old).

Posted by McflewsterWhere Religion ,Monarchy and Private Education meet. Taken from the Book "BOY" by Roald Dahl "Tales of Childhood" [agnostic.com]

Posted by webspider555I’m beginning to wonder whether our government is just incompetent or are all these things happening just to get us in a rage arguing amongst ourselves.

• Top tags#video #world #hope #religious #government #god #religion #church #DonaldTrump #Atheist #BBC #vote #atheism #reason #friends #death #politics #money #children #laws #agnostic #fear #community #book #minister #Christian #media #belief #society #faith #rights #parents #dogs #cats #beliefs #hello #Jesus #politicians #truth #Australia #weather #movies #Christmas #wife #conservative #Wisdom #Song #kids #USA #Europe ...

Members 387Top