Agnostic.com
4 3

When I first crawl out of bed, I'm operating in serious fog. Don't trust me to make the coffee. Therefore I was delighted to find a coffee maker that I could set up to go off every morning -- five minutes before I crawl out of bed. Walk up to the coffee pot and the coffee has already been brewed for me, no wait, no fuss. It's a convoluted procedure to make it do that but once it's set up, setting it up the for the next morning is a breeze -- especially after I've drunk the coffee.

Major problem: we don't have a stable electric grid. Get up in the morning and find the electric clocks are blinking because in the middle of the night, the power blinked.

WonderWartHog99 8 July 7
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am much like you in the morning...I have used a programmable coffee pot for years. The only downside is the weekend when I have no idea when I will be waking, but then the upside of the weekend is not needing to be up at the asscrack of dawn. It sure does go a long way toward helping me get through the work week a.m. fog. One of the best things ever created.

Amzungu Level 8 July 8, 2020

The small joys 😊

Love my Mr Coffee..

I want a wake up timer on the espresso machine.

we have become so spoiled my daughter loves those coffee machines too

I refuse to buy a one cup coffee machine

One cup coffee machines and their plastic cups are a major source of waste.

@Theresa_N i agree all those little plastic things

@Theresa_N, @WonderWartHog99 hers makes a whole pot

@whiskywoman I hesitate to calculate how much money my espresso machine has saved me over a visit to Starbucks, order one ounce at a time until I get an eight ounce coffee mug's worth.

@WonderWartHog99 I don't get the starbucks thing at all in fact I don't drink coffee it smells so good brewing and tastes like hot nasty no matter what I add to help ug

@whiskywoman Starbucks has other beverages and snacks.

The larger deal is like a pub, the point is to meet other people or possibly use their internet to catch up on work.

@WonderWartHog99 for an exorbitant price

@whiskywoman Unless you slug down three fancy Dan coffees per visit and order the pastries, it's under $10 a for a typical visit. Comes with comfortable furniture. No worse than a pig out at McDonald's.

McDonald's designers uses color schemes and furniture that tells their customers to eat quickly and leave. The original McDonald's didn't have a dinning room.

@WonderWartHog99 many think the way you do so it works and I remember mc d way back

@whiskywoman On the whole people are snobbish about eating at Mc D's. They do it. They don't want to admit it. That's why the drive through window is always busy.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 19

Photos 95 More

Posted by Ray13I just joined this group, thought it would be best one to post something like this: Thought this might interest some of my fellow agnostics - I just donated my 160th pint (total 20 gallons) of blood...

Posted by misstuffyI leased out my crop ground last year for crops this year and last.

Posted by wolf041For those of you who are stuck indoors, I thought I would share a little side jaunt on my way to the grocery store the other day.

Posted by wolf041For those of you who are stuck indoors, I thought I would share a little side jaunt on my way to the grocery store the other day.

Posted by Reason-AbleI’m 54 and bored. I needed a project and decided to buy a truck and make it my project. I’ve been adding little mods to it every weekend. Any other vehicle enthusiasts in the group?

Posted by Observer-EffectInteresting.

Posted by WonderWartHog99After trimming up the crab apple tree, I loaded up the pick'em'up truck and headed for the landfill, Petunia riding shot gun.

Posted by WonderWartHog99Just hang this on the wall and you'll be safe.

Posted by flower_nutMy mother's best friend worked for the local newspaper and decided to dress me as a leprechaun and use it for Saint Patrick's Day. I was a smiling leprechaun, whatever that was?

• Top tags#video #god #world #money #church #religious #Christian #religion #hell #reason #sex #friends #Bible #mother #children #believer #truth #Catholic #guns #community #prayer #kids #moral #cats #DonaldTrump #cancer #fear #nation #Atheist #Police #alcohol #earth #schools #atheism #hello #evil #agnostic #death #holiday #USA #Christians #beliefs #pray #student #movies #college #hope #Canada #dogs #bullshit ...

Members 525Top