Agnostic.com
7 3

For those of you who are stuck indoors, I thought I would share a little side jaunt on my way to the grocery store the other day. This is in the middle of the Ozarks....and yes, some of the roads around here are not for the weak hearted.

wolf041 7 Aug 2
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I drove semi truck with trailer thru a few places that would scare some people in a car.

Northern California, west Virginia, Ohio, New Hampshire/Vermont and couple other places where the roads so narrow, curves are too tight for truck and on comming traffic in a few of these places. If didn't drive right would hit trees or side of mountain next to the road with trailer.

Word Level 8 Feb 27, 2021

When I was younger you would swing into these areas on grape vines.

DenoPenno Level 9 Oct 24, 2020

Ahhh hell no. Thanks but no thanks. Great photos though

Iamkratom Level 7 Aug 4, 2020

Where's your sense of adventure? 😄

So where is this, I live in AR, love the area up around Richland wilderness and falling water. Arkansas has many beautiful sites

Carla1963 Level 6 Aug 3, 2020

That's north of Shirley between Shirley and Fox. Pics below are west of Scotland in the Ozark National Forrest

It's those one way steel bridges that make me pause during road trips like that. It's coupled with a desire for a high ground clearance truck while dodging car eating pot holes.

After visiting Old Mexico, I fell in love with the phrase "paved road."

That little bridge was rated for 28,000 pounds on 2 axles...of course the last time it was inspected was likely 1972. I own a Jeep for a very good reason . 4x4 is a necessity around here in a lot of places. GPS uses every marked county road, many are old log roads from the 20-30s ( as in horse wagonn trails ) that are not maintained. I've got part of one of those running across the front of my place that leads to the remains of a rock bridge from the 1800s

@wolf041 Petunia and I took a north Georgia mountain logging road to a trail head once. After creeping along in our two wheel car, she started noticing every car parked on the side of the road was a jeep or other high ground clearance vehicle.

We were doing all of two miles an hour, gently clearing washouts, pot holes, etc. The throttle was useless. We took the trip on "idle."

After that, I've learned to hate the phrase "logging road" unless I'm on foot.

@WonderWartHog99 with all the slickrock and deep mud around here, without 4x4 you will end up walking.. I had an all wheel drive Volvo for a bit that I could coerce into getting places, but it wasn't built for this kind of abuse. Nothing like old school solid axles ground clearance and tires big enough to climb downed trees. Even with that, I won't head out on a lot of these roads without a second Jeep. We regularly run into spots that horses have trouble getting through and can often spend a long time in reverse.

@wolf041 It's common to see people on bad roads with an electric wrench on their front bumper for the reasons you've mentioned.

@WonderWartHog99 yup, I have one on my dually, but I rarely use that thing. Usually just used the winch for dragging trees off the road and pulling folks out of the ditch. Most of the time with the Jeep if I run into something that bad, I'd rather turn back.my days of trudging thigh deep in mud shovelling Rocks and branches for traction for fun are long past.

I laughed when you said you took pictures of your trip to the shops, and then I looked at them. They’re lovely and I did enjoy that 😊

Yeah, I'm about 30 miles, or an hour from the grocery on winding mountain roads, and I tend to like to take the longer ways because the scenery is pretty nice 😊

cool very thoughtful

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 28

Photos 95 More

Posted by Ray13I just joined this group, thought it would be best one to post something like this: Thought this might interest some of my fellow agnostics - I just donated my 160th pint (total 20 gallons) of blood...

Posted by misstuffyI leased out my crop ground last year for crops this year and last.

Posted by wolf041For those of you who are stuck indoors, I thought I would share a little side jaunt on my way to the grocery store the other day.

Posted by wolf041For those of you who are stuck indoors, I thought I would share a little side jaunt on my way to the grocery store the other day.

Posted by Reason-AbleI’m 54 and bored. I needed a project and decided to buy a truck and make it my project. I’ve been adding little mods to it every weekend. Any other vehicle enthusiasts in the group?

Posted by Observer-EffectInteresting.

Posted by WonderWartHog99After trimming up the crab apple tree, I loaded up the pick'em'up truck and headed for the landfill, Petunia riding shot gun.

Posted by WonderWartHog99Just hang this on the wall and you'll be safe.

Posted by flower_nutMy mother's best friend worked for the local newspaper and decided to dress me as a leprechaun and use it for Saint Patrick's Day. I was a smiling leprechaun, whatever that was?

• Top tags#video #god #world #money #church #religious #Christian #religion #hell #reason #sex #friends #Bible #mother #children #believer #truth #Catholic #guns #community #prayer #kids #moral #cats #DonaldTrump #cancer #fear #nation #Atheist #Police #alcohol #earth #schools #atheism #hello #evil #agnostic #death #holiday #USA #Christians #beliefs #pray #student #movies #college #hope #Canada #dogs #bullshit ...

Members 525Top