Agnostic.com
5 17

I just joined this group, thought it would be best one to post something like this:
Thought this might interest some of my fellow agnostics - I just donated my 160th pint (total 20 gallons) of blood to the Red Cross today. A nurse was nice enough to take this photo for me. Not trying to brag or show up other blood donors here. I know many who would like to donate can't for medical, etc. reasons. I have been doing this since I was an 18 year old recruit in the US Army, over 50 years. It is one of the few things in my life I feel good about.

PS...I know it's Halloween season, but that is my real dace, not a mask.🤣

Ray13 8 Oct 26
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well done Ray…that’s a record to be really proud of! You need to give yourself a good reward….👏🥰

@Marionville: Ok Marje, I'll listen to Cast in Steel before going to bed tonight. Might be early, I do get a bit more tired than I used to when giving blood.

@Ray13 Have you had a chance to listen to the new album True North in its entirety yet? It’s all on YouTube, but it can be streamed on iTunes or Spotify. The True North film can be purchased or rented on Apple TV…and maybe other platforms which I don’t know about. If you do get a chance to see the film where you’ll see them sing 10 of the 12 new songs as they were recorded, do try to. The album, CD and film can also be purchased directly from a-ha’s website.

Bloody Marvelous!

Mcflewster Level 8 Oct 26, 2022

Good Job !
I used to. Then they accused me of having Hep C.
I said " Well do I or don't I?"
" We don't know, you'll have to find out."
I said " Aren't you the blood experts??"

Anyway, I got the labs done and got cleared, just never got around to dealing with their bureaucracy. Eventually I will......

twill Level 7 Oct 26, 2022

@twill: At least you did give some blood. Some people won't, I know Amish won't, not sure about JW or Mormons. Thank you for the kind words.

@Ray13 YW Ray13. And I will start giving again

I have rare A-negative blood. Donated blood to Red Cross for years.

Veins in my inner elbows got scarred. "See the veins in the back of my hands?" I asked. Red Cross only takes blood from inner elbows. So long, Red Cross.

My Rh negative blood is a problem during pregnancy if the baby is Rh positive. The doctor ordered injections. Claire was born healthy. Hooray!

@LiterateHiker: I know how disappointing that has to be. I was deferred twice because of low iron (I was anemic) and just those few times really disappointed me.

I’m O Negative…known as the universal donor and used to give blood regularly until I had jaundice and couldn’t any more. When I had my two boys they gave me injections both times afterwards to counteract the Rh positive antibodies left in my body …that was in case I became pregnant again.

@Marionville : I try to give blood every 2 months. I do it for the people who can't as much as thise who need it. The Red Cross is always saying they have or are near a serious blood shortage. I'm O+ by the way

@Ray13 The opposite of me…you’re the universal recipient!

Thanks, Ray. I know how important the donations are. My husband was given blood a couple of months ago, & we appreciate people like you.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 27

Photos 95 More

Posted by Ray13I just joined this group, thought it would be best one to post something like this: Thought this might interest some of my fellow agnostics - I just donated my 160th pint (total 20 gallons) of blood...

Posted by misstuffyI leased out my crop ground last year for crops this year and last.

Posted by wolf041For those of you who are stuck indoors, I thought I would share a little side jaunt on my way to the grocery store the other day.

Posted by wolf041For those of you who are stuck indoors, I thought I would share a little side jaunt on my way to the grocery store the other day.

Posted by Reason-AbleI’m 54 and bored. I needed a project and decided to buy a truck and make it my project. I’ve been adding little mods to it every weekend. Any other vehicle enthusiasts in the group?

Posted by Observer-EffectInteresting.

Posted by WonderWartHog99After trimming up the crab apple tree, I loaded up the pick'em'up truck and headed for the landfill, Petunia riding shot gun.

Posted by WonderWartHog99Just hang this on the wall and you'll be safe.

Posted by flower_nutMy mother's best friend worked for the local newspaper and decided to dress me as a leprechaun and use it for Saint Patrick's Day. I was a smiling leprechaun, whatever that was?

• Top tags#video #god #world #money #church #religious #Christian #religion #hell #reason #sex #friends #Bible #mother #children #believer #truth #Catholic #guns #community #prayer #kids #moral #cats #DonaldTrump #cancer #fear #nation #Atheist #Police #alcohol #earth #schools #atheism #hello #evil #agnostic #death #holiday #USA #Christians #beliefs #pray #student #movies #college #hope #Canada #dogs #bullshit ...

Members 525Top