Agnostic.com
3 3

Russian Waltz - the most beautiful music in the world. Balalaika Academic Orchestra from Minsk.

rogerbenham 8 Apr 7
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And the stupid Americans would sanction this?

FrayedBear Level 9 Apr 14, 2024

Russians never seem to smile. It's one thing I've noticed about listening to their music. All of their musicians are so serious. Lovely music though. 😉

Something about the balalaika......

pamagain Level 8 Apr 7, 2024

Ever since Doctor Zhivago,

@rogerbenham YES! Remember that last line? "And you should hear her play the balalaika!"

@pamagain Was that Yuri's daughter?

@rogerbenham Yes! The general (Sir Alec Guiness) had been trying to find her and help her in the new USSR...she'd been lost when Komarofsky ''let go of her hand'' as they were trying to escape.

Roger....I need to see this wonderful film again...and not just for that splendid music!

@pamagain "I need to see this wonderful film again...and not just for that splendid music!" ME TOO

Though I'm not remembering Guiness but that terrible Russian on a train.

@rogerbenham Strelnikov! Apparently, a real-life villain!

@pamagain Was that actor in the horrible movie called The Collector?

@rogerbenham "Strelnikov" (Lara's old friend who became brainwashed by the new "Soviet Union" ) was played by Tom Courtenay. I didn't see "The Collector" but didn't find Tom in the cast list. Did you see "The Bone Collector?" That's a good one,

@pamagain The Collector is a 1965 psychological horror film[4][5] directed by William Wyler and starring Terence Stamp and Samantha Eggar. Its plot follows a young Englishman who stalks a beautiful art student before abducting and holding her captive in the basement of his rural farmhouse. It is based on the 1963 novel of the same title by John Fowles, with the screenplay adapted by Stanley Mann and John Kohn. Wyler turned down The Sound of Music to direct the film.

I never liked Stamp or Courtenay.

@rogerbenham Good! Because Strelnikov becomes a really despicable character in "Dr. Z." I think you should find it and watch it again, Roger. I'm planning on it. Maurice Jarre's music is so beautiful...and expressive. It was the first film score which made me think of film music as ''classical''.

@pamagain I had no knowledge of Maurice Jarre then. I had no idea he did the score. Wow! Since then a French friend urged me to listen and I downloaded concerts and love his Oxygene music. I Played that once on stage much to my friend's delight.

@rogerbenham Thanks to this discussion...I just learned that Maurice Jarre created the arrangements for "GHOST" "Unchained Melody." That stuff we learn!

@rogerbenham AND...no idea that Maurice was John-Michel's father.

@pamagain I'm sitting at my desk being taught by you! I must play Jean Michel again!

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 63 More

Posted by FrayedBearNow the sanctions against Israel spread to the Euroschism Song contest.

Posted by FrayedBearA recording of an interesting broadcast on the subject of coffee by relatively well known but nonetheless superb Australian folk singer Kavisha Mazella

Posted by kocasYou will face a hurdle in the daily weaving game that you must overcome.

Posted by Zoewees[shp.ee] SALDO SHOPEE GRATIS LANGSUNG CAIR 2022

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIcelandic Folk Music - Tyrkjaránid - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondOk...how about this hauntingly beautiful opera aria? [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondOkay, let's just say this is not like K-pop....and let it go at that. I stumbled on them about 3 years ago. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondAn Irish song in Gaelic with translation [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondThe song title translates to I Won't Give Up by Hungarian Alternative/Indie band Intim Torna Illegál (Intimate Gymnastics Is Illegal). [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondGet ready for some beautiful music. I have a couple albums by Heartstrings. Sometimes I play them in the office and it is quite popular. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondJapanglish Song - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondAVA Opera - The Doll's Song from "Tales of Hoffmann" - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondYoshida Brothers - Rising - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondHunnu Guren - Batzorig Vaanchig & Auli - YouTube

• Top tags#video #Song #world #musicians #Norway #traditional #god #sing #hope #friends #dance #hello #movies #religion #youtube #Europe #jazz #children #Australia #films #lyrics #religious #DonaldTrump #death #reason #church #wife #Atheist #earth #book #USA #mother #parents #relationship #Russian #sex #hell #community #money #soul #Christian #kids #culture #holiday #dream #atheism #plays #Jesus #beliefs #laws ...

Members 1,330Top