Agnostic.com
7 3

I knew about William Tyndale, but King James was news to me!

EDIT: This website erased my link!
[kentucky.com]

altschmerz 9 Oct 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ah, I see...

William Tyndale was an English scholar who became a leading figure in the Protestant Reformation in the years leading up to his execution. He is well known as a translator of the Bible into English, influenced by the works of Erasmus of Rotterdam... Wikipedia
Born: 1494, Kingdom of England
Died: October 6, 1536, Duchy of Brabant
Nationality: English
Education: University of Oxford (1515), Hertford College (1506–1512), and University of Cambridge

What is you speaking about...

Meh..fables and fairytales..

Charlene Level 9 Oct 3, 2020

Shame on thee, varlet!

brentan Level 8 Oct 3, 2020

I had a look at it. It's interesting that he was obsessed with witchcraft at a time when both witchcraft and homosexuality were both serious sins.

I had never heard of Tynedale but the King James version was the biblical version I am most familiar with though not very familiar with it either. That's obvious since I did not know Tynedale was responsible for it.
[christianitytoday.com]

Lorajay Level 9 Oct 3, 2020

???

glennlab Level 10 Oct 3, 2020

William Tyndale was an English scholar who became a leading figure in the Protestant Reformation in the years leading up to his execution. He is well known as a translator of the Bible into English, influenced by the works of Erasmus of Rotterdam... Wikipedia
Born: 1494, Kingdom of England
Died: October 6, 1536, Duchy of Brabant
Nationality: English
Education: University of Oxford (1515), Hertford College (1506–1512), and University of Cambridge

@altschmerz not the first time, probably won't be the last

What did you know about Tyndale and what's the news about King James?

Theresa_N Level 8 Oct 3, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 26

Photos 265 More

Posted by CliffordCook The Fascism of Faith Month in the US Congress U.

Posted by of-the-mountainReality!!!

Posted by CliffordCookChristian Nationalism isn't just something that's spreading in the United States.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyReligion is ridiculous!

Posted by CliffordCookChristians like to believe that their religion spread around the world by people voluntarily abandoning their own cultural traditions in favor of the obvious superiority of Christianity.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyIt’s all about keeping women in subjugation!

Posted by KynleiI saw a meme about Noah's Ark and it got me thinking about the supposed timeline of events.

Posted by KynleiI saw a meme about Noah's Ark and it got me thinking about the supposed timeline of events.

• Top tags#god #Christian #video #religion #religious #Bible #church #world #Christians #Jesus #christianity #Atheist #children #atheism #hope #hell #Catholic #DonaldTrump #death #government #kids #friends #book #mother #laws #beliefs #truth #earth #reason #wife #parents #prayer #sex #believer #faith #belief #evangelicals #money #guns #religions #sin #pastor #evil #fear #gay #WTF #abortion #media #movies #USA ...

Members 292Top

Moderators