Agnostic.com
2 1

This IS my own opinion here so sue me if you will.
Imo, IF our political leaders, State, Federal, etc, TRULY want to show Solidarity with the Nation and the People then why can they not ALL stand up together and do the following,
A) State and affirm that "in solidarity with the Nation and People We shall ALL relinquish at LEAST 35% of ALL our Parliamentary Salaries, etc, etc, for the duration and aftermath of this Pandemic, and,
B) "In further show of Solidarity with the Nation and Peoples We shall relinquish said 35% of ALL Parliamentary Salaries, Expenses, etc, etc, until such time as ANY and ALL Budget Deficits resultant from this Pandemic are financially cleared."
B) "We propose and insist that ALL peoples of GREAT Wealth in the Nation also relinquish a minimum of 35% of their Incomes and Profits during this Pandemic and its aftermath as well as show of Solidarity to the Nation and the people."
Would that not go some long way towards easing the worries etc, of those of us who ARE doing things tough during times like this?

Triphid 9 July 30
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

On the pollies, yes, I agree. But how do you define "ALL peoples of GREAT Wealth.." ?

I don't think the pollies cut would yield much. But I do agree that a wealth tax on the genuinely wealthy, who get their money from investments, not actual work like the rest of us poor bastards, should pay a wealth tax. They have been living high on the hog for decades, due in no small part to ALP governments and their policies. We don't want to start hitting people who are comfortable financially, however, and cause that scare campaign and backlash.

Having said all that, there's buckley's chance that this will happen, even if there were a Labor Government. The free market... market forces..... and all that crap being the new secular religion.

David1955 Level 8 July 30, 2020

Well 'Aunty' ScumMo rakes in well over $500,ooo+ per year as P.M. and that does NOT include the extras for 'expenses, etc, etc, etc.'
Ergo, and with my somewhat 'rusty' Maths I think that comes to around approx. $175,000 per Annun then add in the 35% of ALL the other 'extras' he is entitled to and see what tally you come up with, ADD that to the 35% FROM ALL the number of Sitting Parliamentarians and tell what your tally is then.

@Triphid Yes, I suppose, and the symbolic point would be important. But we all know the only thing they all agree on is a salary increase, and they would all agree that they shouldn't be cut. Also, some of the salaries of the top public servants is huge -- bigger than the PM. Include them. They are not paid like ordinary public servants, but like corporate chiefs. Isn't the head of the Bureau of Stats paid something like 2 million? During the last Census cluster fuck I remember reading that and I was appalled.

Well I'd define 'People of Great Wealth as being those like Rhinehart, Forrest, Palmer etc.

So, FB, you seem to find that somewhat humourous do you.
A 'Pipe-Dream' it may be but it may also be 'food for thought' for those less inclined to merely laugh at a more than reasonable suggestion imo.

Triphid Level 9 July 30, 2020

Recent Visitors 8

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #minister #federal #money #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #rights #community #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #parents #corruption #youtube #vote #book #religions #truth #dogs #kids #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 428Top