Agnostic.com
4 3

LINK Religious fundamentalists railroad democracy

I'm not sure Americans, even on this site, how much toxic American Christianity has infected the world, even here in Australia. Watch how Australians reelect this moron in the early election he'll probably call.

David1955 8 May 30
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

REMEMBER PLEASE, my Fellow Australians, WHEN the Federal (Feral imo) Election comes around HOW ScumMO departed the country as quick as Mercury CLAIMING "He did so BECAUSE he HAD Promised HIS Children an Hawaiian Holiday."
No matter to him and his children that ALMOST ALL of the country was going up in Flames from out of control,Bush-fires, No no worries to the ScumMo family, they MUST come First and Foremost, bugger the rest of Australia.
Then we have the Arse-kissing Expo with tRump and his rants that China is both responsible for and MUST pay reparations for the Covid Pandemic, all of which, I might add, ScumMo agreed with Whole-heartedly and very Publicly as well, which end up cost Australia Exports of Wheat, Wool, Wines, Seafoods, Meats, etc, etc, to China, BUT hey, forget that BECAUSE ScumMO and Co. are still,living as HIGH off the Hog as they can, NOT paying Taxes on HIS Parliamentary Salary, NOT pay G.S.T., etc, ON ANYTHING at ALL, etc, etc.
So, BEFORE you VOTE with your FEET, try to remember WHEN exactly you last had and enjoyed a DECENT Steak Meal WITHOUT it breaking the Household Budget, I'll lay EVEN money bets that ScumMo has NEVER missed a DECENT Steak Diner in DECADES,but I know many an Aussie who has and still remembers very clearly HOW MUCH even the WHIFF of a Steak could put a hole in the budget of the Household that would last for weeks or months.
Yep, VOTE with your FEET, Vote Yes for ScumMo and Co. then sit back and watch as the country goes down the dunny faster than a soggy wet turd and WE go down with it.

Triphid Level 9 May 30, 2021

I remember all those things. Lots of us do. The problem is, large numbers of people who live and vote in rural electorates in particular, like many parts of Queensland, who actually decide our elections, neither know nor care. They see themselves as 'sensible' cautious Australians, who distrust any change, and who would rather vote for a 'good bloke' like Morrison, a 'good' Christian, who doesn't come across as too smart (because he isn't) and isn't one of those smarty pants people they don't like. Hence I predict another election night with Senator Penny Wong on the ABC, her face as long as a Chinese noodle, again telling us that the ALP's vote isn't as good as hoped, so they'll another party review into 'what went wrong', never understanding that Australian dweedle dee dweedle dum federal politics, since 1983, has had only one outcome: entrenching Australian conservatism while destroying Australian progressive politics and the ALP.

@David1955 You DO realize, don't you, that the GREATER Majority of the Voting Public ACTUALLY reside along the Coastal Regions of Australia and NOT in the Remote or Rural Regions?
For example, Broken Hill has ALWAYS been known widely as a Labor Town, its present population is approx. 19,000, add in the townships within a 50 Kilometre radius of B.Hill and you MAY, with aq very LONG stretch break the 19,500 tally IF you have a good enough imagination that is.
Most Rural Properties around here consist of a family, i.e. 2 Adult parents, and perhaps between 2 and 5 children/young adults or Grown Offspring.
Yes, many Sheep Cockies ( Sheep Farmers) DID once vote National Party, some still do, but many that I know have seen the ruination that the LNP is and has been capable of and have since changed completely to ALP or the Greens, etc.
Imo, IF you want someone to BLAME then START at your OWN Backyards rather than those who live and TRY to survive in the Lands that Politicians Choose to Forget UNTIL Election Times.

@Triphid yes, of course I do. But what i have said is correct. Already they are saying that the next election will be decided by rural and seni rural Queensland. Don't tell me about Broken Hill. My mother was born there. My grandmother knew the Wobblies. I wrote a thesis on them.

@David1955 I was born, raised and have lived for almost ALL of my 67 years of life, my mother, her mother, her mother was born here.
My maternal Grandfather was born here as was his father, they both worked on the Silverton Tramways, one as a Fireman first, then a Loco Driver, then as Station Master, the other, his father, was a Fireman, then a Driver before taking up the job as Pumping Station Attendant at the Tramways Dam which supplied water for the Locos, the Marshalling Yards, the Workshops and BOTH Railway Stations, Sulphide Street and Galena Street as well BEFORE N.S.W. DECIDED to start shipping in Water by Train from the Darling River.
My maternal links to Broken Hill go way way back to the turn of the 19th. century-20th. century, on the European Settler side of things that is, FAR, FAR longer on the Indigenous Australian side of thing Heritage wise though.
My paternal Grandfather was born in Victoria, left to come to Broken Hill in 1907 with his wife and family, was killed in a Mining Rock-fall on the British Mine in late 1917, leaving his wife 2 sons and a daughter behind.
My father left school to get work to support his mother and siblings at the age of 12 years, he was born in Victoria in June, 1905, he worked his way up from a 'Surface Roustabout' to a Trainee Underground Miner, then, whilst still educating himself, he became a Registered 'Powder Monkey,' Leading-Hand of a Mining Crew, a Qualified Member of a Proto' Gang, ( Underground Fire and Rescue Crew/Gangs) which he later also became a Trainer of as well.
So my history with B.Hill IS a VERY, VERY long one and approx. 2 years longer than yours can EVER hope to be.

@Triphid This is not a dick waving contest, for fuck's sake. I'm sure your background to BH is far greater than mine could ever be. I'm just saying don't preach to people who know Australian history and politics, that's all. You're welcome to disagree opinions all you like. More importantly than this nonsense, I stand by my prediction about the next election, and also by my analysis of the destruction of progressive politics in Australia since the 80s. I was right about the last election in my predictions despite people's surprise, and this one is the same. The federal ALP is terminal. People will vote for that moron Morrison. The future of progressive politics at the federal level is break.

@David1955 There is LEARNING about Aussie History and Politics, etc, in School and THEN there is LIVING through and with it as well being on the Front-line so to speak.
You WROTE a 'Thesis' on our local Unions and the Rise of Unionism here in Broken Hill, did you?
Did YOU actually come up here and interview anyone, the REAL Old Timer Hillites though or was just by researching in libraries, etc, while staying in the comforts of the University/Universities?
No matter how low the popularity of the ALP may sink, it will still manage to repair itself and re-emerge eventually, so don't write them off just to, imo, curry favour with your Liberal-National Party Friends and Colleagues.

Wake up Aussies before it’s too late...stop voting in these anti-democratic religious “dominationists”.

Have an xtian colleague who would vote for scumbag based on the fact he is an xtian even when the cult he belongs to is only about wealth for themselves. So sad.

Budgie Level 8 May 30, 2021

Like family, you can't choose work colleagues.

It started with Howard who allowed American evangelists to buy Australian Community radios broadcasters to encircle the country and 24/7 broadcast their proselytising shit into the Australian population

FrayedBear Level 9 May 30, 2021

It's always right wingers. Right wingers and religion. A marriage made in hell.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 10

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #minister #federal #money #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #rights #community #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #parents #corruption #youtube #vote #book #religions #truth #dogs #kids #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 428Top