Agnostic.com
6 4

I'm interested in thoughts on lockdowns and compliance.
Do you think the lockdowns, and having police guard buildings so no one can leave, go against our freedom and all those who fight and died for our freedom?

Garf 7 Aug 1
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh hell NO!I I appreciate Any efforts to restrict the heedless, stupid, and downright evil from doing More harm! That is the essence of living in a Society, and those who ignore it deserve Nothing.

AnneWimsey Level 9 Aug 20, 2021

Thankyou for your thoughts, appreciate it!

What in the name of ALL F**k is your problem?
Covid IS a Pandemic, we now face its variant Covid 19 variant D (Delta) and by we I mean exactly WE, you, me, the bloke next door, the child 5 kilometres away, the newborn baby, its mother, EVERYONE ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE INCLUDING YOU as well S.F.B.
In case you've been hiding under your favourite 'blankie' and away from those 'monsters from under your bed' Numbnuts, Covid 19 variant C19-D has hit your hometown already.

Triphid Level 9 Aug 19, 2021

I haven't got a problem.
Maybe try reading my op, and see I was after people's thoughts on it all.
Just about everyone else can recognise and understand what I was asking.
If you can't understand a question about what are your thoughts and instead get on your fucking soap box then you can fuck right off.

Thanks for your thoughts!

@Garf Jawohl Mein Herr OberSturmFuhrer, Jawohol unt Sieg Hiel altso.

@Triphid what ever you say Karen.

@Garf Oh wow, is that the best come-back you're capable of or was it all you could think whilst still sucking on Mummy's teats perchance?

@Triphid still having a sook eh Karen

@Garf Nah, never, especially not when it comes to Bin Chooks from over the bridge.

@Triphid ok Karen, if you say so.

@Garf No worries Garfie Girlie, always happy to shit off a Bin Chook from over bridge and east of Wilcannia, you blow throughs are so shit for brains that it's like catching fish using dynamite.

@Triphid ok Karen, have another sook.

@Garf Cry me a river Sweetlips, cry me a river, you've had plenty of practise I see.

@Triphid if you say so Karen

The freedom to spread disease? The freedom to intimidate others? The freedom to encourage other people to do the same? The freedom to misrepresent everybody's duty of care to everybody else as oppression?

C'mon @Garf, please think before you post.

People who break quarantine (enforced isolation of patients suffering from a contagious disease in order to prevent the spread of disease) are not fighting & dying for everyone. They are being stupidly selfish and are amply identified in Professor Cipolla's 5 basic laws of human stupidity as belonging to the majority of the stupid members of humanity.

@FrayedBear Thanks for introducing me to Professor Cipolla.

I'm not Shure why you would ask me to think before I post.
As I stated in my op I was interested in people's thoughts.
At no point did I make an argument for or against my op.
So next time you ask me to think before I post, how about you learn to actually read a post and formulate your reply accordingly, sound good champ?

Thankyou for your thoughts, appreciate it!!

Okay my two cents worth. I live in the NT, we have pretty much lived our lives as normal, we had a long time where we could not go out to eat, but could get takeaway. We recently had our first lock down and apart from the moron who needed cancer sticks and had been phoned and told to head straight to the quarantine facility and decided that shopping for them would be okay (he turned out to be positive) it would have been over after two days. When they had contact traced and located those that need to be tested or stay at home or in quarantine longer. We had one week of lock down. No community spread and it is all behind us.
The strong lockdowns stop it from spreading out among the community and let us get back to our lives faster.
Weak lockdowns don't do this ie NSW.

Now when we talk about freedom and bring in those that fought for our freedom they are in my mind two separate things.
The freedom they fought for was the ability to have a democracy not a communistic or fascist government.

When the Spanish flu swept across the world those same men wore masks as did their families, quarantine was also enforced.

[nma.gov.au]

Budgie Level 8 Aug 2, 2021

I don't know why the concepts of liberty and freedom have somehow become divorced from the philosophy of the social contract -- the understanding that with liberty and freedom comes responsibility to the group, in this case the community in which we live. I suspect this toxic form of liberty is the result of the American influence, where sociopathic individualism is slowly strangling the country to death. Does anyone really think our ancestors who died in wars of freedom would be carrying on like halfwits about staying at home to avoid a plague and wearing a mask when out to avoid catching and spreading it? They had less education, many of them, but more common sense, and a sense of obligation and responsibility to the country. I wish the idiots in America understood this as well.

David1955 Level 8 Aug 2, 2021

'Your freedom to swing your fist ends at my face' 😛

No! One centimetre before impact is the more common usage but that is actually wrong. A person with a weak heart could have an infarction caused by the shock-scare of the threat.

@FrayedBear . . . meant to be a metaphor/aphorism . . . but "misquoted" :

[quoteinvestigator.com]

@FearlessFly Today's variant probably is "your right to breath out your C19 infected stalr breath whilst not wearing a mask ended when it was found that the infection can not only spread through the air but also through your breath spreading onto surfaces that enable further spread of the disease".

I much prefer the usage of a freshly used and discarded Feminine Sanitary pad slapped firmly across the chops of the deserving recipient.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 16

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #money #minister #federal #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 429Top