Agnostic.com
2 2

I'm spending some time diddling and reflecting. Want to come along for the ride? I got caught up in this mode checking replies and rereading yesterdays post. And making a reply at Consortium News.

I'm quite mentally wasted on the constant repetition of the same type of news that's been going on for ? 2 months now. The same divisional tribalism going on within this election cycle, which is indicating that we as a collective are no where near having any success in drawing the herd stuck inside the establishment farm to the outside where free thinkers actually fight for them each day. Whether that be people like myself, dissenting commentating writers, investigative journalist, or reporters who actually deliver us real factual news and views.

My post aren't getting many hits at all, so I feel I'm pretty much wasting my time. And some replies indicate this much also.

I seem to still be on a Robert Parry endeavor. I wish I could somehow implant the importance of his message to us within others. The world could be so much better.

A comment @ Consortium News after Robert Parry's death By Robert Frost goes

Robert Frost
February 11, 2018 at 08:41
In honor of Bob’s memory, I wanted to present this:
He had mentioned in a speech called “Fooling America” one of the defining moments during the 1980’s when he realized that the MSM was thoroughly corrupted. He realized that the politicians and his editors were meeting together to “get the story straight”.
Bob, you got through to me and a lot of other people in this country. Rest in Peace, We will not let your memory die,

Fooling America: A talk by Robert Parry (Excerpt)
Given in Santa Monica on March 28, 1993

“I came out of AP (Associated Press) which is kind of a working class/working man’s kind of news organization so I wasn’t used to this. And we had as our guest that evening Brent Scowcroft, who had been on the Tower Board, and Dick Cheney, who was then – who was going to be the ranking minority figure on the house Iran-Contra Committee, and we’re going through this little delightful dinner, and at one point Brent Scowcroft says, he says “Well, I probably shouldn’t be saying this, but if I were advising Admirable Poindexter, and he HAD told the President about the diversion, I’d advise him to say that he hadn’t.” And being new to this whole, sort of game, I stopped eating, and looked across the table and said “General! You’re not suggesting that the Admiral should commit perjury, are you?” And there was kind of like an embarrassed little silence at the table, and the editor of Newsweek, who was sitting next to me, says – I HOPE partly jokingly but I don’t know – he says, “Sometimes we have to do what’s good for the country.”

Fooling America --- [amazon.com]

Given the clear indications of the political alienation of a broad spectrum of the American public, Parry's well-documented and fascinating book could be one of the most important in this national election year. "Conventional wisdom" is defined as "the collective judgment of that community of insiders--what the Washington-New York elites in government, journalism, academia and business think . . . is true about any number of hot topics." And to assure the validity of such CW, Parry says, the public is lied to over and over again. The author documents his charges by taking the reader through the machinations of the Iran-contra scandal, the 1988 presidential election, the Clarence Thomas-Anita Hill Supreme Court hearings, and the use by the federal government of what is euphemistically called "public diplomacy," i.e., illegal domestic governmental propaganda supported by taxpayer dollars. Parry's muscular closing chapter on America's future outlines 14 ways the public can act to "demand an end to Washington's antidemocratic elitism." Highly recommended for all libraries. --From Library Journal, Chet Hagan, Berks Cty. P.L. System, Pa., Copyright 1992 Reed Business Information, Inc.

How could the Washington press corps miss, or report tardily on, the savings-and-loan debacle, Iran-Contra abuses, Saddam Hussein's Western-backed military buildup and nearly every other major scandal of the 1980s? Parry, a former reporter for Newsweek and the Associated Press, faults the major news media for cozying up to the political elite and suppressing stories that go beyond the conventional wisdom dictated by the Washington/New York government, business and journalistic establishments. Crucial reading for citizens who want to be informed of the news behind the news, this compelling report is replete with examples of media cowardice and kowtowing to power. Parry delivers a damning account of the media's selling of the CIA-funded Contra army to the American public, the demonization of longtime CIA employee Manuel Noreiga, the Reagan administration's propaganda apparatus (operating out of the National Security Council) to create a pro-interventionist mindset, President Bush's professed ignorance of Iran-Contra abuses, and the press's failure to cover CIA terrorist campaigns abroad under Bush, its former director. --From Publishers Weekly, Copyright 1992 Reed Business Information, Inc.

The highlighted above in bold write again indicates the power structure I occasionally refer to here. In which I also correlate occasionally with the power structure of our Mother country. Within the power structure of the Little City of London. These 3 places much like the Vatican who benefit from having made it possible to avoid the laws forced upon us living in their own isolated shelters under their own laws rule over the world unjustly.

Robert Frost once wrote: “Nature within her inmost self divides/To trouble men with having to take sides.” True as far as it goes, but now the fission-power of the stars, which our scientists unlocked in the New Mexican desert in 1945 and unleashed on Hiroshima, challenges our inmost selves to move beyond taking sides and end our dangerous rhetorical games of nuclear chicken.

William_Mary 8 July 19
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think a huge percentage of the US population is busy trying to stay afloat and don’t have the time or energy to worry about what the government is doing. Neither do they want to know that they are lied to.

Jolanta Level 9 July 30, 2020

You're not alone. I'm feeling a bit burned out with all this stuff too. Not only am I on here, but another forum, and I also subscribe to some YouTube channels that talk about this stuff. I think it puts me in a bad mood sometimes.

Personally it's quite depressing. When Mary and I met and discussed political issues I turned her view of the world upside down. I took her out of a little red neck area close to here, a suburb of Akron, which is highly close to being mainly republican and currently Trump minded. Her oldest brother and sister in law are big on Trump and the MAGA movement. As I was able to explain and decipher the difference between how fake news operates and the sources I use that actually spell out how they prove that news is fake, she began a slow turn to understanding.

I still have to guide her at times. This present protest shit has been a challenge to her. I've had to pull her out of the rabbit hole a couple of times. These protest are full of aspects that lead people down those rabbit holes if you can't decipher how the media and establishment works. They're actually being used right now mainly by the media to provide support for the Biden camp while turning the movement against itself. As they push polling of Biden being ahead of Trump by 15 points or some shit. And some African-American's aren't doing their cause any good by betraying the movement themselves. Just look at the scenery behind some of them in their selfie videos in their homes. That explains their opposing arguments in a lot of cases.

This is why Biden isn't coming out publicly much at all. The campaign is allowing the media to do the work for them. Some reports are that they are actually considering not doing any debates.

@William_Mary At least she's open minded enough to look at it differently. I've known people who didn't even want to think about any of these topics. It's too much for people. They would rather ignore it and live their regular lives.

No debates means Biden can't look bad. The strategy was to keep Biden in his bunker. He's mostly just posting platitudes on his Twitter. I should say his campaign is posting platitudes on Twitter.

@William_Mary, @altschmerz There are people who as soon as they hear something on the news they swallow it hook, line, and sinker. Someone came to me the other day talking about the Russians hacking COVID-19 research etc. I told them not to believe everything they hear. They said, "...but it was just reported on the news." Everything they can blame on the Russians is blamed on the Russians. Every time some new opportunity comes up.....it's the Russians. That's really convenient. Just like the Russian bounty story, which makes no sense.

Recent Visitors 12

Photos 120 More

Posted by William_MaryIf You Wish Someone a Happy Memorial Day, You Fail to Understand Its True Meaning The mythology perpetuated at Memorial Day benefits no one save the militarists and war profiteers.

Posted by LufahyuMedia Sources; people from all walks and ideologies peruse a variety of source material available on the Internet, some more reliable than others.

Posted by joy2loveThe Neuroscience of Illusion - Scientific American

Posted by CherokeemanBlessings y'all.

Posted by Archeus_LoreA good meme for religious people to see . . . .

Posted by William_MaryIt has been questioned if Einstein actually made this statement.

Posted by William_Mary“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.

Posted by William_MaryHowever we have an escape-------[wsws.org]

Posted by William_MaryKeep people from their history, and they are easily controlled.

Posted by William_MaryThis fairly explains our political woes within our citizenry when it comes to the voting process that's managed within only 2 parties with their perceptions managed by propaganda designed to support ...

Posted by William_MaryI can pretty much apply this thought to just about everyone who has attempted to challenge my agenda here in this group, and my comments on social media in regards to our political arena.

Posted by William_MaryBy Apr.

Posted by William_MaryThe working class holds the strength to change the world for a better society for everyone. We just need to refuse to remain indoctrinated into their manufactured delusional reality.

Posted by William_MaryWhen the state is controlled by corporations and the ruling class.

Posted by of-the-mountainHas sanity and respect for all female, male, and children’s healthcare been suspended by these obstructionists republican fascists with their overt agenda against the people of this country!!! Are ...

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

• Top tags#world #DonaldTrump #government #media #video #society #money #republicans #democrats #truth #death #military #laws #USA #reason #democratic #policy #god #evidence #politics #vote #politicians #children #hope #hell #BernieSanders #rights #created #campaign #corporate #population #fear #religion #BarackObama #Police #community #book #TheTruth #friends #Russian #religious #relationship #China #economic #capitalism #nation #freedom #propaganda #kids #wars ...

Members 1,699Top