Agnostic.com
4 3

The Collective Suicide of the Liberal Class

{The only thing that mattered to liberals in the presidential race, once again, was removing a Republican, this time Donald Trump, from office. This, the liberals achieved. But their Faustian bargain, in election after election, has shredded their credibility. They are ridiculed, not only among right-wing Trump supporters but by the hierarchy of the Democratic Party that has been captured by corporate power. No one can, or should, take liberals seriously. They stand for nothing. They fight for nothing. The cost is too onerous. And so, the liberals do what they always do, chatter endlessly about political and moral positions they refuse to make any sacrifices to achieve.}

[scheerpost.com]

{The Biden administration resembles the ineffectual German government formed by Franz von Papen in 1932 that sought to recreate the ancien régime, a utopian conservatism that ensured Germany’s drift into fascism. Biden, bereft like von Papen of new ideas and programs, will eventually be forced to employ the brutal tools Biden as a senator was so prominent in creating to maintain social control – wholesale surveillance, a corrupt judicial system, the world’s largest prison system and police that have been transformed into lethal paramilitary units of internal occupation.}

{This poisonous discourse is only going to get worse, especially with millions of Trump supporters convinced the election was rigged and stolen. The German Social Democrat Kurt Schumacher in the 1930s said that fascism “is a constant appeal to the inner swine in human beings” and succeeds by “mobilizing human stupidity.” This mobilized stupidity, accompanied by what Rainer Maria Rilke called “the evil effluvium from the human swamp,” is being amplified and intensified in the siloed media chambers of the right.}

It's ironic that those who cried so loud to drain the swamp became members of the swamp. Also blissfully ignorant as they cried fake news so many times allowed those same entities to play them conditionally into their role.

William_Mary 8 Dec 10
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

poetic justice will prevail. it won't be pretty.

I think I read this piece which is excerpted here from Common Dreams. Is this by Chris Hedges, I think? He tells it like it is, but most liberals and Dems are not ready to hear it. I totally agree that Biden and the Dem leaders in congress are paving the way, on purpose or not, to lose control of both houses in two years and give the White House back to the Repubs in four years, to someone even worse than Trump. We are experiencing a temp reprieve before we get our own version of Hitler in four years.

Yes, it's a Hedges article. Truthdig ( [truthdig.com] ) where Hedges works were initially posted for years went through a radical change from the ownership in which the writers rebelled from. It closed down for a while and Hedges eventually ended up here at scheerpost. I say for a while because I just revisited the site and see it has some newer articles on the site. I however would suggest caution using it as a reliable source due to the nature of the past rebellion. Proceed with extreme caution.

I don't understand your confusion though? It clearly has his name beside the Title of the article under the SCEERPOST banner. Hedges articles are often found on other sites as well being he is a prominent journalist persona with decades of experience, war time coverage, notably forced from MSCM for his views and opinions. He also runs a weekly TV show on RT called On Contact. ( [rt.com] )
a great educational source for some of the best interviews I watch. Hedges articles appear on virtually every news source I use here from time to time though. I imagine that most of them if not all of them originate now from SCHEERPOST though. So if you're a fan of his save the site.

Trump and the media are already developing a narrative for his 2024 run. Don't be surprised if we witness 4 years of Trump rallies and incitement of violence within. During a 4 year period we could very well witness a new magnitude of free media exposure for Trump that will make what it was in 2015/16 seem like childs play. Which can be used to modify the parameters of our society to unthinkable consequences.

Moderation, please.

tipi Level 7 Dec 10, 2020

Can you please be more specific in what you desire? Your participation here is quite confusing. You liked the article but then also liked a negative response by another person. How can I possibly moderate that? Or understand what you even consider what needs a sense of moderation.

@tipi

Imo, W_M doesn’t know that word or its meaning.

I call BS

Leetx Level 7 Dec 10, 2020

Right, best shit ever. I'm curious to what you liked so much in the article or commentary. Are you able to comprehensively express yourself?

I thought I was comprehensive. The article was mental masturbation. @William_Mary

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 16

Photos 120 More

Posted by William_MaryIf You Wish Someone a Happy Memorial Day, You Fail to Understand Its True Meaning The mythology perpetuated at Memorial Day benefits no one save the militarists and war profiteers.

Posted by LufahyuMedia Sources; people from all walks and ideologies peruse a variety of source material available on the Internet, some more reliable than others.

Posted by joy2loveThe Neuroscience of Illusion - Scientific American

Posted by CherokeemanBlessings y'all.

Posted by Archeus_LoreA good meme for religious people to see . . . .

Posted by William_MaryIt has been questioned if Einstein actually made this statement.

Posted by William_Mary“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.

Posted by William_MaryHowever we have an escape-------[wsws.org]

Posted by William_MaryKeep people from their history, and they are easily controlled.

Posted by William_MaryThis fairly explains our political woes within our citizenry when it comes to the voting process that's managed within only 2 parties with their perceptions managed by propaganda designed to support ...

Posted by William_MaryI can pretty much apply this thought to just about everyone who has attempted to challenge my agenda here in this group, and my comments on social media in regards to our political arena.

Posted by William_MaryBy Apr.

Posted by William_MaryThe working class holds the strength to change the world for a better society for everyone. We just need to refuse to remain indoctrinated into their manufactured delusional reality.

Posted by William_MaryWhen the state is controlled by corporations and the ruling class.

Posted by of-the-mountainHas sanity and respect for all female, male, and children’s healthcare been suspended by these obstructionists republican fascists with their overt agenda against the people of this country!!! Are ...

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

• Top tags#world #DonaldTrump #government #media #video #society #money #republicans #democrats #truth #death #military #laws #USA #reason #democratic #god #policy #evidence #vote #politics #politicians #children #hope #hell #BernieSanders #rights #created #campaign #corporate #population #fear #religion #BarackObama #community #Police #book #TheTruth #friends #Russian #religious #relationship #China #economic #capitalism #nation #freedom #propaganda #kids #wars ...

Members 1,703Top