Agnostic.com
2 1

The Biden administration: Illusion and reality

There is an intense effort in the Democratic Party-aligned media to present the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris as a fundamental turning point in American politics.

[wsws.org]

{Everything the administration does will be within the framework of 1) what is acceptable to the financial oligarchy and Wall Street, and 2) the requirements of the global geostrategic interests of American imperialism. The Democrats are making clear that when it comes to the pandemic, they will continue to pursue the murderous “herd immunity” policy followed by Trump, which has pleased the markets.}

{As far as foreign policy, the Senate confirmation hearings for Biden’s cabinet nominees have made clear that his policies around the world will be a continuation of Trump’s in many respects, along with a further ratcheting up of tensions with Russia. The central issue upon which the Democrats waged their opposition to Trump was over US relations with Russia. The Biden administration is being stacked with alums of the Obama administration who pushed for war on Libya, stoked the civil war in Syria and broadly expanded American drone war operations.}

{The orientation of the Biden administration is for “unity,” that is, unity with the Republican Party on the basis of a right-wing, pro-imperialist policy.}

{His central concern is to refurbish the state apparatus and collaborate with the Republican Party, to establish what is in effect a government of national unity directed against the working class. The framework of official politics is moving not to the left, but to the right, with the fascistic forces cultivated by Trump further integrated into the structure of the state itself.}

William_Mary 8 Jan 24
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Any changes to the way we were treated for the past four years is a fundamental turning point for me.

OldGoat43 Level 9 Jan 24, 2021

What changes do you see now and coming?

@William_Mary . The easing of racial tensions is the first thing I've noticed among people I've spoken to about it. Another item that is helping people relax more is the Covid inoculations getting up to speed. I've seen a note in my local supermarket that their pharmacy is accepting appointments for the shots now. The prosecution of the mob of insurrectionists will set some people straight on who is to be blamed and who to listen to as a better source than Fox and morons.

Your are a nut, but also substantially correct. I'm especially distressed that a Raytheon lobbyist is in charge of defense and the mass murders in Yemen and throughout the Middle East will continue because they are good business. Unfortunately they don't have a plan or leadership, this monster runs on reflex.

Buttercup Level 8 Jan 24, 2021

I wish there was a vast cabal in control who could be reasoned with instead of a mob of raiders fighting amongst themselves for the spoils. At then there could be some hope of thoughtful solutions.

Well, Biden's entire foreign cabinet is based on more perpetual warring. About all of them have managed to become wealthy during none government appointments after serving in administrations. Biden himself managed to become a millionaire during his citizenship time after serving in the Obama administration.

@William_Mary I am in no way disputing your facts or reasoning only the assumption that they are competent and organized. This isn't a whorehouse it's a blindfolded gang rape and you better not leave your ass hanging out.

@Buttercup they are called investors. The ruling class have approximately 200 people who work for them to invest approximately 60 trillion $s they have control over within keeping capitalism alive. In other words. That's about 200 people over seeing the direction of their money to keep them in power over the rest of the world which keeps fueling inequality.

Recent Visitors 14

Photos 120 More

Posted by William_MaryIf You Wish Someone a Happy Memorial Day, You Fail to Understand Its True Meaning The mythology perpetuated at Memorial Day benefits no one save the militarists and war profiteers.

Posted by LufahyuMedia Sources; people from all walks and ideologies peruse a variety of source material available on the Internet, some more reliable than others.

Posted by joy2loveThe Neuroscience of Illusion - Scientific American

Posted by CherokeemanBlessings y'all.

Posted by Archeus_LoreA good meme for religious people to see . . . .

Posted by William_MaryIt has been questioned if Einstein actually made this statement.

Posted by William_Mary“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.

Posted by William_MaryHowever we have an escape-------[wsws.org]

Posted by William_MaryKeep people from their history, and they are easily controlled.

Posted by William_MaryThis fairly explains our political woes within our citizenry when it comes to the voting process that's managed within only 2 parties with their perceptions managed by propaganda designed to support ...

Posted by William_MaryI can pretty much apply this thought to just about everyone who has attempted to challenge my agenda here in this group, and my comments on social media in regards to our political arena.

Posted by William_MaryBy Apr.

Posted by William_MaryThe working class holds the strength to change the world for a better society for everyone. We just need to refuse to remain indoctrinated into their manufactured delusional reality.

Posted by William_MaryWhen the state is controlled by corporations and the ruling class.

Posted by of-the-mountainHas sanity and respect for all female, male, and children’s healthcare been suspended by these obstructionists republican fascists with their overt agenda against the people of this country!!! Are ...

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

• Top tags#world #DonaldTrump #government #media #video #society #money #republicans #democrats #truth #death #military #laws #USA #reason #democratic #policy #god #evidence #politics #vote #politicians #children #hope #hell #BernieSanders #rights #created #campaign #corporate #population #fear #religion #BarackObama #Police #community #book #TheTruth #friends #Russian #religious #relationship #China #economic #capitalism #nation #freedom #propaganda #kids #wars ...

Members 1,699Top