Agnostic.com
3 0

“TOP GUN: MAVERICK” IS MILITARY PROPAGANDA. OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS PROVE IT

Investigative journalist Tom Secker, author of “National Security Cinema: The Shocking New Evidence of Government Control in Hollywood,” was one of those who obtained the documents. Secker explained that “Top Gun: Maverick” was made with an explicit agenda behind it, telling MintPress:

"It’s about rehabilitation of the military’s image in the wake of numerous failed wars. The film also helps foreground human pilots flying an actual combat mission – something very rare in these days of high-altitude airstrikes and drone warfare. It helps distract from all the drone pilots who’ve spoken out about the misery and horror inherent in that job.”

[mintpressnews.com]

In other words, as Robert Parry exposed the Reagan perception management campaign to kick off the Vietnam Syndrome, glorification has been the new tactic.

For a number of years now journalist have been making the connections between Hollywood and video games that play a major role in glorifying death and destruction across the planet for capitalist rule within wanting control of their brand of globalization. It comes with a large sense of mis/disinformation against the manufactured enemies the western governments have chosen towards those who resist the delusional reality and false narratives they use.

{"Foreign policy planners famously nicknamed the public’s reticence to authorize military intervention in the 80s the “Vietnam Syndrome.” The original “Top Gun’” arrived just in time to clean up this image and clear the way for a more palatable high-tech vision of imperialism and ultimately the Persian Gulf War. “Top Gun: Maverick” arrives at a similar moment in the shadow of Iraq and Afghanistan. And we will likely see a similar rebooting of the U.S. military machine.”}

In other words. A public relation firm for the military to deceptively draw interest. I have currently been arguing it also purposely comes at a time to distract from Ukraine while they still have a considerable amount of people conned into the acceptance of funding and supporting a fascist country. As the false narratives from Feb have been diminishing and finding reality more and more with each passing day.

{Despite effectively co-writing and co-producing the movie, the contract also demands that the extent of the military’s involvement must be downplayed. Clause 21a states that the military will be mentioned merely with the phrase “Special Thanks to the United States Department of Defense” in the end credits. No doubt the Pentagon is aware that the propaganda value of “Top Gun: Maverick” would be greatly diminished if moviegoers realized that this was an hours-long propaganda film produced by the military itself.}

{“‘Top Gun: Maverick’ most assuredly is not accurate,” Secker told MintPress, adding:

The entire premise of the film – just like in the first movie – is not true to life. But then, saying the entertainment liaison offices are there to help Hollywood present truthfulness or reality is like saying celebrities hire PR/crisis management firms because they sincerely want the public to be well-informed.”

Before his death, “Top Gun” director Tony Scott felt guilty about making a movie that glamorizes military life, lamenting:

All these kids must hate me, because they all signed on thinking they’re gonna be fighter pilots pulling broads all over the world, and they all ended up eleven stories down on some shitty old aircraft carrier stuck in the Indian Ocean.

Yet the reality of the profession is not just more boring, but far more grizzly. PTSD and suicide are exceptionally common in the profession, as pilots struggle to come to terms with the staggering amount of destruction they are required to carry out}

😟 Perhaps the most infamous leak revealing the realities of pilot life, however, is the Collateral Murder video. In it, U.S. Apache helicopter pilots are seen ruthlessly opening fire on a crowd of people in Baghdad, killing at least 12, including two Reuters journalists. As the attack continues, the pilots even laugh and shoot at civilians medically assisting the victims. While the leaker and publisher responsible for the world seeing those images went to prison, 😟 those presenting the sanitized, glorified version of military life are hot favorites to receive Academy Awards this year 😟

Thus, just as there are no scenes in “Top Gun: Maverick” of screaming Iranian children picking through the remains of their dead family, any “Top Gun 3” is unlikely to revolve around Tom Cruise struggling with PTSD caused by the unimaginable violence in which he has participated 😟

{“Top Gun: Maverick” has been produced at a time when the United States is currently throttling Iran with illegal and deadly sanctions. In early 2020, the Trump administration assassinated top Iranian general and statesman Qassem Soleimani, and influential figures in the United States have called for an unprovoked nuclear attack on the country.

Yet none of this context is mentioned, leaving the legality of the depicted attack unquestioned. As Stahl told MintPress, the basic assumption is that “the U.S. has the right to violate international law and strike any country for any reason.” “Imagine if this film came out of Iran and was about striking an Israeli or U.S. nuclear facility,” he said. “Heads would explode with accusations of hard-line propaganda.”

Therefore, “Top Gun: Maverick” falls in line in promoting a remarkably militaristic society; one that spends almost as much on war as every other nation on Earth combined. Celebrations of militarism are everywhere in the United States, from sporting events to cinemas, feeding into an overwhelming cult of troop worship.}

So much easier to gain acceptance of supporting fascism from within its mother, colonialism. When we as a society fall into this receptiveness, we are essentially offering our children to be sacrificed within their delusional reality. How many Iraq's will we remain silent on before we stand up against this crime being perpetrated on us? The results from these crimes have come home to roost time after time in small measures already. How large of a sense of domestic terrorism is it going to take for us to finally say enough? Especially when many of these acts at home have come from deceptive means by our intelligence agencies. From law enforcements incompetent and or unethical practices. Often with, on, purpose. Our own Maidan Revolution will mean it's to late.

{At one time, Cruise felt a good deal of remorse for becoming part of the war machine, telling Playboy magazine:

Some people felt that “Top Gun’”was a right-wing film to promote the Navy. And a lot of kids loved it. But I want the kids to know that that’s not the way war is – that “Top Gun” was just an amusement park ride, a fun film with a PG-13 rating that was not supposed to be reality. That’s why I didn’t go on and make Top Gun II and III and IV and V. That would have been irresponsible.”

Irresponsible it may be, but judging by the fact that Cruise will receive a significant cut of the global box office figures ($747 million and counting), at least he will be financially compensated for it. In the same Playboy interview, Cruise also lamented that he could be “totally responsible for World War Three.” Given the United States’ constantly aggressive actions towards Iran, he might one day be proven correct.}

That all speaks quite well for itself. Reverberating much of my past opinions and conjectures.

Top Gun: Maverick—War propaganda built to order for the United States military

[wsws.org]

William_Mary 8 June 18
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I never saw the original one but I did see the new one. I have a young female friend originally from Bosnia who hates war, guns and politics. She's also wants to be a pilot and is now in ground School.

She asked me to go to the movies with her when she told me it was Top Gun 2. I said "well could I go to a different movie while you're going to that one since it is a multi-screen theater?"She said yes,but then she bought tickets online for me for Top Gun.

That means now I have seen it and I agree with you on every aspect of the article. I copied and pasted the article and sent it to my friend. She did not comment.

Lorajay Level 9 June 19, 2022

Yea, the history of Bosnia would do that to people there. Clinton and NATO committed a lot of unnecessary innocent deaths and destruction in that region in the 90s. One of those regions, being of the Chechens, is why they're helping Russia in Ukraine today. They like myself see the fascist ideology that comes with western powers and don't intend to let it any closer to their country again. They consider it the evil of this world that we all must fight against. They have no intentions of leaving it to their children to fight as they were forced to push it out of their homeland then. They take this Ukraine shit very serious and consider it an honor to die fighting against fascism. And they'll very good at doing it with a lot of heart towards destroying it.

Here's one of RT's documentaries on the Chechens involvement as they help to liberate the Donbas regions in Ukraine.

[rtd.rt.com]

I don't often agree with the stuff you post but I am with you on this. Gung Ho American military exceptionalism. Definitely one to miss

Moravian Level 8 June 19, 2022

No surprise. Look to Hollywood's past. In the old Westerns the killing of Native Americans was glorified. WWII movies were also propaganda, both during and after the war.

MizJ Level 8 June 18, 2022

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 120 More

Posted by William_MaryIf You Wish Someone a Happy Memorial Day, You Fail to Understand Its True Meaning The mythology perpetuated at Memorial Day benefits no one save the militarists and war profiteers.

Posted by LufahyuMedia Sources; people from all walks and ideologies peruse a variety of source material available on the Internet, some more reliable than others.

Posted by joy2loveThe Neuroscience of Illusion - Scientific American

Posted by CherokeemanBlessings y'all.

Posted by Archeus_LoreA good meme for religious people to see . . . .

Posted by William_MaryIt has been questioned if Einstein actually made this statement.

Posted by William_Mary“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.

Posted by William_MaryHowever we have an escape-------[wsws.org]

Posted by William_MaryKeep people from their history, and they are easily controlled.

Posted by William_MaryThis fairly explains our political woes within our citizenry when it comes to the voting process that's managed within only 2 parties with their perceptions managed by propaganda designed to support ...

Posted by William_MaryI can pretty much apply this thought to just about everyone who has attempted to challenge my agenda here in this group, and my comments on social media in regards to our political arena.

Posted by William_MaryBy Apr.

Posted by William_MaryThe working class holds the strength to change the world for a better society for everyone. We just need to refuse to remain indoctrinated into their manufactured delusional reality.

Posted by William_MaryWhen the state is controlled by corporations and the ruling class.

Posted by of-the-mountainHas sanity and respect for all female, male, and children’s healthcare been suspended by these obstructionists republican fascists with their overt agenda against the people of this country!!! Are ...

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

• Top tags#world #DonaldTrump #government #media #video #society #money #republicans #democrats #truth #death #military #laws #USA #reason #democratic #god #policy #evidence #vote #politics #politicians #children #hope #hell #BernieSanders #rights #created #campaign #corporate #population #fear #religion #BarackObama #community #Police #book #TheTruth #friends #Russian #religious #relationship #China #economic #capitalism #nation #freedom #propaganda #kids #wars ...

Members 1,703Top