Agnostic.com
5 3

I’m in the kitchen now. I’m trying to better dip tofu. Nothing seems to stick to the tofu, even though I’m pretty well drained it. Looking for thoughts and suggestions TIF

Edgeward 6 May 18
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dredge in flour first, let sit for a minute or two then dip in batter

Freezing it opens up pores so that marinades can soak up like a sponge. Batter will stick when it can get into the pores.

JackPedigo Level 9 May 18, 2020

Thank you for sharing that suggestion Jack. 🌱🌱

@Wildgreens You welcome. I used to do that all the time as it gave a different texture to the Tofu. Now I find I have a slight reaction (asymptomatic) to soy so don't use it much. Tempeh is another good one but most is based on soy beans but there are others that use other bean sprouts.

@Edgeward I just noticed you were the ' Batter' comment below. Ha, ha.

What tofu are you using?
I would still cut up, freeze and boil the tofu. But if it's softer you'll have to carefully handle the pieces -- even when freezing.
The texture improvement should help with the batter.

RichCC Level 8 May 18, 2020

I usually use extra-firm tofu.

First I cut it into cubes or slabs the size I want and freeze the chunks overnight. I don't bother to press or drain it.

Then I boil the frozen (I don:t bother to thaw them) chunks for a few minutes almost as if they were dried pasta.

Then when I saute(pan -fry) them, the texture comes out perfect -- they are as if they were deep-fried in a restaurant. And they take sauce very well.😋

RichCC Level 8 May 18, 2020

Batter

Edgeward Level 6 May 18, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 14

Photos 590 More

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by devayogaMy vegetable garden

Posted by WildgreensBeing A Vegan

Posted by WildgreensBottled water 💦

Posted by WildgreensReal Medicine

Posted by JackPedigoA new company (seafood) in the plant based ‘meat’ options, which includes types of fish.

Posted by BDairWhy was there never a word about healthy diets and essential vitamins and nutrients? Liquor stores and 'big box' stores never closed. This was never about public health.

Posted by WildgreensMy new group is called covid cult. The information MSM doesn’t want you to know.

Posted by BDairBrilliant tip.

Posted by WildgreensFDA Safety Surveillance

Posted by WildgreensI knew this was going to happen.

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

• Top tags#video #animals #world #Vegetarian #god #religious #religion #Diet #oil #friends #Atheist #hope #reason #youtube #vegan #humans #kids #hell #movies #atheism #sex #children #Bible #church #relationship #truth #dogs #earth #money #death #cats #faith #book #parents #disease #belief #TheTruth #environment #Christian #government #documentary #laws #pizza #Organic #mother #coffee #hello #climate #cancer #Cake ...

Members 740Top