Agnostic.com

19 11

Have you ever felt like you were talking to a wall when really talking to a person?

EmeraldJewel 7 June 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All the time. When it comes to deep, meaningful talk, I rarely find one who can do more than nod while saying "uh-huh, yeah...yup!" or attempt to add something. It's frustrating and off-putting.

I literally talk to a wall day in day out after work because there is no one to talk to. Why do you think I like this place so much? ?

I sometimes wished I was talking to a wall and not the person I was talking to. I like to add to my statement that I am just thinking out loud.

Especially children

Especially children

This is how I feel when I talk to my brother.

In my line of work it’s a daily occurrence. Politically though I have made inroads. The first time I ran fir state representative I lost by 360 votes. Two years latter I lost by 200.Definitly making progress. This is a very conservative part of Vermont.

Good luck, you may win next time. Are you running in Nov?

@EdEarl No. Planning to run for Alderman in March. I’m just too busy to mount a big campaign now and we had a great candidate step up who is younger so its all good. I should have enough name recognition to win Alderman.

@Sherri-VT good luck

@Sherri-VT Be sure to campaign at the local dump. it worked great for me when I ran and you see many people there.

It can be quite painfully frustrating. It is worse when you can't quite walk away because they are in your life (part of your life) in some way. And even worse if they affect/influence your life too.
If you can, walk away.

Well, I used to be the director of a bunch of engineers.
😉

Oh yes. I usually walk away. It's not worth the effort

Actually quite often, generally if it requires logic or reason.

When I'm talking about capitalism and the ruling class, I can see my friend's eyes glaze over.

Tony Benn nailed the greedy voters brainwashed into Tory monetarism. ..."Democracy" was his word for NHS and other social shared needs....perhaps the McCarthyite "glaze eyes" could consider only human species rape, kill and pollute for money .....Bee hives function perfectly without money or greed....honeybees create "capital" more honey than necessary to feed current and future generations and their QUEEN.....IT'S disgusting how people don't give a shit for the murdered Palestinians ruthlessly herded into shrinking ghettos like Native Americans murdered and marched into "reservations" in their homelands. ...capitalism = GREED rape and senseless pollution when a class of citizens live GREEN and sharing their accumulated food, wares and homes with families and the poor. ...USA deliberately keeps over ONE 3RD of workers in slave wage or zero wage communities. ...drones are murdering innocent women&kids for profits in weapons sales to the CIA. ... I NEVER glaze over when voices for justice and need confront the greed ruling class and their violent lackeys

@GreenAtheist

You should use that as a post. It's all true.

@Ellatynemouth too few Americans give a shit for UK or BrexiT....fewer still want to eliminate poverty and restrain greedy theocrats

@GreenAtheist

I actually voted for Brexit.

I've been relentlessly demonised by the mainstream media ever since. I voted to the leave the EU for lots of reasons. In a nutshell - it's a neoliberal animal that makes the poor poorer and the rich richer.

@Ellatynemouth good for you comrade, piss on the losers who condemn your true actions

Yup...last hubby, for about 25 years......

Oh yeah. Fundamental theists, tRumpites, fascists and others on the far right. They're pretty much all virtually impossible to communicate with.

I have felt like l was talking to a person when l was talking to a wall. It was the 70's. Shit like that happened alot. ?

@Shelton THe only advantage for a wall is it doesn't talk back.

@Shelton Definitely more interesting and less judgmental.

A wall might be more entertaining, depending on where you are lol

At least with a wall, you can hang a picture on it or paint a mural so it isn't bland and boring.

Sky Fairy addicts have thick walls. Especially those that have a honed 5min monologue about "Jeebus And The Storybook". Can't get a word in edgewise.

I got a pretty Massive Thick Walls and I am addictive to the Only Keeper of those Walls.... Fucking Only Me!

No, but I can't wait for the wall funded by the mexicans is completed, we gonna have real long conversations in spanish!

Yes every time I confront a corrupt politician

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100089
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.