Agnostic.com

28 4

What do you want to happen to your body when you die?

• 4 votes
  • 30 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 26 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 6 votes
Fuzzycow37 4 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Neil Degrasse Tyson said it the best. "bury my body so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna throughout my life. And thus is the circle of life."

I was totally gonna say that. But you beat me!!! 🙂

Lol

I like the idea of having my body put in a pod with an acorn seed. Then I can grow into a beautiful tree. Then Dane Cook can come along and chop me down, turn me into paper, and print the bible on me.

HAHAHAHA!

I don't know that I'll be of any benefit to science when I die but, if not, I'd prefer an eco-burial. I'm a gardener and I find the idea of actively sustaining life to be gratifying (and efficient). My daughter is the only one I've given permission to make that decision at the time as I want her to be emotionally satisfied - as long as I'm not embalmed or used in a religious service. After all, I won't really care at that point.

I wanna do that thing where people put you in a canopic jar with a lot of soil and your body is used as fertilizer for a tree.

I would love to be a part of a body farm.

I want to be buried under a tree and decompose. (My organs will be donated)

I'd like to be cremated, then have my ashes mixed with a tree seed and buried. I haven't decided on the tree, yet. Maybe a maple, black locust, or chestnut.

CS60 Level 7 Oct 8, 2017

I live near Knoxville, TN, home of the Body Farm, as made infamous by Patricia Cornwell’s book. Dr. Bill Bass is my hero! And I love his books too. I hope when my body is donated and researched, it helps someone get justice or some kind of closure. No point in my body going to waste.

I totally want to donate my body there! I love forensic science, and am rewatching Bones episodes right now lol

I would be cremated after donating whatever organs to whoever needs them. Then let the ashes be scattered by the winds to where they may.

SamL Level 7 Oct 8, 2017

Living people can use my organs, etc for reparations, then I think the best way to get rid of the rest of my body is to dig a hole, place me sitting in a fetal position in the hole, bury me and plant a tree on top. I'll be in the tree if anyone needs me.

My late wife donated her body to the local university. There was no formalities, no expenses and it is what she wanted. I received her ashes and placed them in our local labyrinth, where she spent countless hours. This will be the same for me - I hope.

Donate any parts of me to help others, donate the rest of me to science and when all is done eco-burial.

RJAU Level 4 Oct 16, 2017

I am a donor so take what can be used and cremate the rest.

There was a time I'd have been donated to science, now I'd rather donate organs to the living and be cremated so that my loved ones have no "anchor point" in the world to visit. Keep with you the parts I have given you in life... my thoughts, my ideas, my passion... carry it with you. Visiting some hole in the ground means nothing.

I picked cremation but I really don't care. Bury me in the back yard for free if you want.

Cremation seems obvious to me, but the whole "dig a hole and toss me in" thing doesn't bother me. I mean, I'll be dead so it doesn't matter. Find a pig farm and let the walking bacon feast on my corpse.

jonzr Level 1 Oct 9, 2017

Gross image, but true. It's probably ideas that pigs, cows, etc., are fed every type of meat and sewage man doesn't want to eat, that have made me into a vegetarian. It is soooo gross how we actually raise and look after livestock before they appear on our dinner plates.

Take my cremated ashes and sprinkle them into the plastic used to make women’s vibrators.

who cares ill be dead

TRUTH!

Throw it on the mulch pile or donate it to science. Something remotely useful; embalming is an environmental catastrophe and the height of hubris.

Freeze me and bring me back to life when they have the technology

I think I would like to be cremated and have some of my ashes be worn has jewelry, while having the rest scattered all over the world. A Quarter amount can be placed in a bed of Forget-Me-Nots.

Just like RJAU says: Donate any parts of me that are still useful to others, donate the rest of me to science, and whatever is left over, probably quite a lot considering the abuse I have put this flesh through, crackle, pop, crackle, crackle, into the fiery furnace to be cremated.

I plan to be cremated then do one of those eco pods that will turn my ashes into a tree and hopefully be planted in a park so that way i can help undo some of the damage of my time on earth.

Donate whatever parts could help someone else including science, burn whats left, dig a hole and through the ashes in and plant a tree in it.

When I die, there will be nothing remaining worth donating. I would also consider donating my body to science.

My daughter has made an agreement with me that at such time as missions to Mars are more or less common, she will see to it that a small vial of my ashes will be transported there. That is to comply with the instructions: "Get your ash to Mars."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1005
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.