I want my social security back
I want clean water
I want national parks intact
I want renewable energy
I don't want a tax cut
by Terry McGlynn

kmdskit3 8 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

it would be nice if you all had health care for all. I pay $35 a month total, i can see any doctor, all medical services are free, including surgery, xrays, mammogram or whatever. I have never paid for a thing. $35 a month. You do hear the odd person complaining about wait times etc but those are the type of people who bitch about literally everything, the kind of person you go out of your way to avoid in your personal life. I love that I don't have "medical bills" , No one should have to worry about losing their home or going bankrupt to get medical care. Just my opinion.

Very jealous. Another reason I wonder about moving to Canada or Germany or England or France, Australia, New Zealand etc., etc., etc.

Ya, for sure, I can't see the US getting any health care any time soon. @kmdskit3

Right on, Brother!

Can't maintain infrastructure on nothing, or have good public schools without taxes...if you want things have to pay...military spending could be decreased too.

I completely agree. Certain services are best provided by government WITHOUT a profit motive. If that's the case then they need to be paid for with taxes. It would be nice if it was a progressive tax structure...

Here at nearly 78 years old...and with that life long experience, I whole hardedly agree with your post! There is not enough space to write my wide range of good and bad experiences...of my lifetime! All I can say, is...I was awake! What about the people coming behind (us) me? What will they find in the future for this society? Will they need to pick up the tab for past generations? It hurts me, to think about what this 'tax scam'...outcome could be? Will the 1% take their loot to some island and stay there? OR, will the 'lessor folks', become slaves of a sort? I simply see America...as way out of balance! Who can really say what the final outcomes will look like! But, 'greed' has taken on a whole new meaning!! Ruth O'Kelley

I agree. I am not optimistic for those coming after us and it's not just economics.

I want a tax cut to 0.00% in federal income taxes on me and everyone else making under $75K / year ($125K family of four), but want a massive increase in the progressive nature of the upper brackets on the very wealthy (should be at least 55 to 60% on the over $1 million / year bracket). We could do all of the above if we cut the military-industrial complex spending to where it should be - about 1/3rd what it currently is. The corporate cut from 35 to 20% is ok, as it will bring back industry / manufacturing jobs to the USA. You also may be mixing up state and federal issues. Teachers are paid by states, not the fedgov, so cutting taxes at the federal level allows states to tax more, which would allow states to pay teachers more - so maybe you do support a tax cut? Main point is, it's extremely complicated, but the big picture is that the bill that passed was terrible in my view, because it didn't cut taxes on the poor enough, made the tax cut on the middle class temporary (only 8 years), and decreased, rather than increased as should have been done, the tax rate on the wealthy.

A lot of funding for K-12 is federal. Even more for post-secondary. We cut corporate tax rates and then other countries cut their corporate tax rates and so on. Just another race to the bottom. Currently corporations are sitting on $2.3 trillion and they need another trillion plus in tax cuts to create jobs here? Otherwise I really like your comment.

I want fully funded public education
I want a progressive tax structure
I want free birth control
I don't want a tax cut
(Can't get it to format as seperate lines!) 😟

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10087
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.