Agnostic.com

3 1

Diminishing religions impact, influence

What sorts of experiences, exposure might better drive people to rationality? Creation vs. evolution debates? Documentaries that are science-based dealing with topics like the age of the planet, geology, fossil study? One on one discussions by rational minds... campaigning to do away with subsidies for religious activities? Europe and parts of the Far East are making good progress here (away from religious myth/practice/practitioners), but the Americas?

BobFenner 7 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What worked for me and many others was simply reading the bible from cover to cover.

We've gone back in time with this Republican Congress. tRUMP and Pence have injected their Holy Roller philosophies through their Supreme Court pick Gorsuch. Thanks to Betsy Devos more money is being slated for unregulated religious schools and creepy Jeff Sessions cancelling all the protections for the LGBTQ community.

These folks and moves/choices are but foolish and short term. What is of more permanence is shaping public opinion, drive/desire.... to enhancing all's lives... Really: All. If you want to be free; help others be free. The idiocy in the current gov't will soon (enough) be gone.

I’d concentrate on the economics of it, as I think ‘economic realities’ are what really catch ‘conservatives’ attention. It’s like, if we don’t teach our engineers the facts of geology, how are they going to beat [ fill in the country ] to that oil?! Or, if we plan to manufacture the next ‘wonder drug,’ we’d better have a reserve of students well educated in the facts of biology...

When fantasy collides with profit, it appears even the most conservative of indu$trialists sit up and take note. So let’s ‘make known’ as best we can where non-science is really getting us - Behind! ...unless they’d prefer some ‘atheistic quasi-communist country’ to begin calling the shots…

Varn Level 8 Dec 23, 2017

I cannot agree w/ you more Varn; the future belongs to commerce. Not the military (a waste of resources really). Folks DO act, react when they "feel it" in their wallets/purses. I have a brush w/ so-called industrialists; never met any that were "true theists"... They are there simply for profit; will express whatever opinions get them there.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10105
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.