Agnostic.com

12 6

Have you ever met people that didn’t believe in Climate change ?

I have!!! Most of them were adults, too!

EmeraldJewel 7 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, i have , this is actually alot of controversy surrounding this subject

Yes. My grandfather, who I still consider a great man, used to say it didn't make sense. And he was very intelligent and analytical. He was close to being agnostic but still had some religious beliefs. We used to argue about it when he was alive. He was also a republican, so it fit. Just goes to show that people's views/beliefs/perceptions can have little to do with their traits.

Climate change is a given. The climate does change!

People who believe that humans are primarily responsible for changes in climate are in my opinion either dimwitted or dishonest. In spite of all the ink that has been used, it really isn't a difficult subject to understand.

Suppose you begin to believe that human emitted CO2 was respsonsible for the steady temperature increase from 1979 to 1998. Then what caused the temperature plateau from 1998 to 2018 while CO2 emissions continued? The theory of CO2 being the primary driver of climate simply doesn't work. Our friend the sun is the primary driver of global climate.

Don't feel too bad. Among the dimwitted is Trump's new NASA Administrator, Congressman Bridenstine. With the economy as hot as it is, even the President is having trouble hiring good people.

Sad isn't it.... were only part of the big picture.... Egypt used to be fertile land.... now a desert.

The real debate is not over climate change. That is a constant. The debate is over Human-caused/influenced climate change and opinions vary. I haven't met anyone who "doesn't believe" at all.

Yes. Generally not sub-normal, but always dogmatic and lacking critical thinking skills.

Our entire executive branch...

Yes and they don't understand most things that make sense

Yes. The argument, if that's what you want to call it, was "what about the dustbowl in the 30's, huh?"

Yes. I know a high end corporate lawyer (contracts, labor law, stuff like that) who doesn't believe in climate change - or rather, doesn't believe that our civilization contributes to it in any way. He's rich, very educated, centrist leaning to the liberal side - definitely not the stereotype. And yet...

Way to many and some of them aren't republicans

We all know climate change is real but it still needs more research to determine how much is natural and how much is man made.

dc65 Level 7 June 8, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:101954
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.