Agnostic.com

15 7

LINK Anthony Bourdain Has Died At 61, CNN Says : NPR

This makes me sad. And angry.

AmiSue 8 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When people we revere, no longer feel safe and are depressed beyond our understanding and wisdom, are we ever safe within our own minds???

me, too!

Not a fan after I saw him throw cigarette butts into the street. But he did beat addiction tho he has now left a 10 year old daughter devoid of a father. Mental illness. takes so many. A massive increase in the last 10 years. 50% in some states. 20 veterans a day. It is a national epidemic.

He was a gem.

I enjoyed his programs and learned so much. I wonder if he just had too much to drink and made a mistake with medication. Rest in Peace, Tony, and thank you for sharing your gifts with us all.

Shocked and very sad. I really liked him. ?

This is one of the weirdest headlines I've ever woken up to. I'm shocked and I'm not exaggerating.

I was thinking just a couple of days ago about how lucky he must feel to have his job. Guess you don't know what's behind the curtain do you?

I seem to the only human on Earth who isn't totally obsessed with is guy, he is flooding my fb feed & I feel like I'm from another planet.

I for one am not obsessed with the guy but I recognized that he left his mark. He had a way to cut through the bs and speak about the elephant in the room or cut to the crux of many socio-economic-political issues.

I think I saw him once or twice but not enough for his spell to be cast so it seems.
Acknowledging Palestinian & basic human rights is just a no brainer to me, nothing outstanding + the whole eating weird shit thing is not my bag.

These stories always shake me. I've been close to suicide a couple of times myself. Whenever something like this happens, I always remind people about the suicide hotline: 1-800-273-8255 .

What I really need is the # of euthanasia hotline for future reference.

Never knew him as the killing type.

He ate plenty of critters dint he?

he actually killed a goat on TV as a honour gift from an Africain tribe leader. He has often talked how that troubled him.

@Lukian, @GregGasiorowski

Nah dudes, he killed himself. I just didn't know him to be a killer, very surprising.

@Lukian
I don't understand what would make it would be any more troubling any other animal.

@GregGasiorowski his description of the scene showed how troubled he was of taking a life with his own hands. We would probably respect our food more (not wasting it) if we all experienced that ourselves.

I grew up on a farm, I was close enough.

I'm so sad about this. It's terrible when people give up.

just curious why it makes you angry. I feel kind of angry that Robin WIlliams committed suicide

@Morganfreeman why do you think that?

ah , I thought it looked like he had aged a lot in the past few years

That's sad... you never know about people...

Here is my comment from another post about this:

I know, right? I enjoyed watching Anthony Bourdain's show and his travels around the world. I was jealous of him and said, that must be nice! You just never know about people and their emotional and mental state. I have read that suicide is on the rise by 25% since 1999.

He was a troubled soul. It shows in his interviews and how he approach the discussion on his show.

@Lukian then you saw something I didn't notice.

@balou it appeared that his past addictions were still haunting him (not always but in certain cases that he brought it up)

His eyes were always sad. I never saw them happy. Yes, he smiled with his face, but his eyes never smiled. I always considered him dark and a troubled soul. So, while I'm shocked and saddened by his suicide, I'm not surprised at the same time.

There have been so many celebrity suicides lately. It's getting insane. I don't know. Maybe not. They used to hide these things from us. That may be the difference. I know suicide is on the rise across the board. It's just sad.

I think we are going to see more and more suicide for the average person since healthcare is more unaffordable than ever before. I have been uninsured since 2012. If I were suicidal, I would not reach out for help because I'd have to pay thousands out of pocket for good care. What average person can do that? The free or cheap help available, in my experience, only makes it worse. No thank you, thank you very much.

I've had to let other health issues slide sue to cost, I know I would try to self-help myself through this, too. If healthcare continues like it has been since 2012, I will never have health insurance again. I will continue to hope for the best and continue forward on my own.

Yeah, I think we are going to see more and more suicide because people are mentally exhausted trying to make this world work for a myriad of reasons.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102057
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.