Agnostic.com

10 10

I posted this on Facebook and nobody had anything to say. Hahahsha!!!

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You got jokes kudos to you EJ

Yeah.... my fear is not death, it is pain, being disabled, not being able to take care of myself and depending on others. And then there is the cost of the medical care... Yeah eternal bliss or eternal sleep would be awesome, it you mess it up and don't quite hit the mark then you're screwed big time.

Here's what I have to say about it: That is a good question and it's funny.

Hahaha!!

Hahahahahaha, right on!

exactly why are these religious freaks even staying here for? why don't they walk off of cliffs like lemmings?

I had one tell me the other day that,” This world is so wicked. I can’t wait to leave this falling world.” So this is what I decided to post.

brilliant x

Inherent in the notion of eternity is no beginning and no ending....🙂

When my partner was dying the issue of how unnatural our Death with Dignity program was. A doctor on our island spent a lot of time in the more conservative parts of the state being the 2nd signature on the paperwork approving the medication. I thought if Death with Dignity is playing (a ) god and so unnatural what about all the procedures and medications used to extend life? Is that not unnatural and playing (a ) god? It seems the religious cannot wait to meet Jesus, but not just yet.

Funny.. But true

Just cause you get into a car accident doesn't mean you'll die for the small percent that you survive I got 2 words "it hurts". But thats just a logical way of thinking they probably got satan on their minds when reading this.

This actually is a very good question. There seems to be a dichotomy between eternal bliss and people's fear of death. We seem to have a strong survival trait built into our make up. There are many stories of people struggling with great adversity to maintain their survival. I often wonder if this is to combat the notion that we would all just commit suicide if life got too tough?

The 2 prime motivators for all life (not just human) is survival and procreation. That is how evolution works. We humans make instincts into something sacred. Since we can't handle death we find a way (we think) around it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10218
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.