Agnostic.com

13 13

LINK "There is no robust evidence to support homeopathy which is at best a placebo and a misuse of scarce NHS funds"

Finally. I don't see this happening in the US as we are far too susceptible to woo here.

AmiSue 8 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As though many of us are still living in the dark ages.

So you're saying if I put one drop of beer in a glass of water I can't get drunk? Sadly my sister and mom believe in this BS. what's worse is my sister is a chiropractor, owns her own practice, and has a degree in chemestry from Creighton. Do you want to know what they call "homeopathic medicine" that works? Well. Medicine!

When I still lived in Texas I experienced severe hay fever. Nothing worked, including the prescription medication my doctor gave me. I went into a health food store and looked into one of their books and found a homeopathic preparation called bioplasma that was supposed to help. It was cheap; I thought what the hell I'll give it a try. I had NO expectation on it working. Imagine my complete surprise when, less than an hour later I could breathe through my nose for the first time in over a month.

If you don't believe in homeopathy, fine. Then don't use it. But leave it to the people who feel it's worth a try. I'm well aware that some of us don't do our homework/research, but a lot of us do. There have been some things that have not worked on me, but it's my right to give them a try.

Homeopathy is just water. Fucking water.

@Hebert54 LOL! True!

@AmiSue Holy shit. ?

Something like 80% of all medications are herbally based. Garlic is the best cure for soar throught that i have ever used. In fact I learned about the medical properties of Garlic from two Nurses. So, maybe the herbal part of homeopathy has validity. Not sure were you guys are headed. The pharmaceutical companies are in bed with the fda. So I am kinda confused.... I do not like pharma companies, the fda, or the ama. I know several dr. and nursesGrew up with a few who became. ???

Etre Level 7 June 8, 2018

@Fanburger
Big pharma is a racket that only cares about money. I am going to love this conversation. Bcause this is were you guys get educated about pharma companies, monsanto, the fda, and the ama. As well as the Gov. Let us begin...

@Fanburger, @NickNakorn
Ok, well i am not refering to quack medicine. Before the 1950s all medication was herbally based. Most homeopaths or natural doctors I know a good people. Not quacks.

@Fanburger not at all.... but if you would like to get into a Scientific discussion about the symbiotic relationship between micro-organism, biological environments, ect ect.. we may continue this conversation. The first concept you should consider is the fact that you are a living organism. Living organisms feed off of living organisms. We are the only species of animal that cooks our food. Digest that for a moment!!

@NickNakorn
Thanks, I agree with you.

@AmiSue
My pardon lady, however it may seem I personally know Medical Dr., nurses and herbalist. Herbalist fall into the homeopathic area of discovery as to the impertinance of this conversation. However it may seem I am Ignorant or making sweeping generalizations toward the argument at hand, is not a correct assumption. I lived as a vegetarian for over 10 years of my 43 years in travel around the sun. I hardly ever became ill. Now the moron who thinks you can eat parsley and be cured of ailment is not intirely wrong.

[webmd.com]

I just gave you a link to web md for parsley.

With that being stated I would like to clarify the record, i think we are off on the term homeopathy.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

The generalized term homeopathy has left its defined characteristics and opened up its meaning to include people or persons (includes the term corporation) , who use a somewhat unconvetional approach to handling there medical needs. This includes herbal remedys. This includes people who go to an herbalist for there medical needs. They are called homeopaths. They use herbs like garlic instead of paying exuberent amount of money for an fda aproved medicine created by a pharmacutical company with a 3000% mark up. This is why or nations elderly travel to canada to buy their medications.

Oh I forgot to mention, my exgirlfriend is a pharmacist. And i have another lover from the past who is from a wealthy family and she uses micronutrients and herbs. She is considered a homeopath. Where as Dr.s Who are not natural path, are called Allopathic Dr.

I can personally tell you of a story about a natural pathic dr. Who found a method for slowing the growth of cancers and curing cancer by using brochlii sprouts. It was found in a certain stage of the growth of the sprout when this certain nutrient was at the highest level of potentcy. The FDA discovered the Dr. praised him then shut him down and patented his process. This is a fact. Undisputed from like 2004 or 05.

Kind of like fluoride. Fluoride is a poison. Fluoride is a neuro inhibitor. It slows down the functionality of the brain. Adolf Hitler was the first to use Fluoride. His scientist put it in the water and gave it to the Ashkenazi Jews, who are not Hebrew by blood . This is a historical fact.

Currently only 60% of American City's alow fouridation of its water system. There exists major cities who do not fluoridate.

It is in my opinion that most humans are not of a biological understanding of environment, microcosmically nor macrocosmically. And it is from this ignorance that corporations, or persons, exploit the ignorance there of. Some people know what is happening, some dont. Some people believe we have the best medical system in the world.

[thepatientfactor.com]

The world health organization ranks the US at 37. Figure that one out, sweeping generalization.

Pasteur developed pasteurisation in 1864. Homeopathy goes back to 1796. Medicine was very crude at that time, and homeopathy is no more effective than a placebo. It is a waste of time and money.

The problem on the surface is what in philosophy is called epistemology...how do we know what we profess as fact? Science is an empirical epistemological system popularized during the enlightenment, which all honest medicine is based on...rigorously demonstrated causes and effects. other belief systems generally are not empirical: mysticism, astrology, religious faith, etc.
the problem is not with epistemology itself but the either inconsistent or absent consideration of how we know what we know. we live via science, Its not sexy but when push comes to shove, we go to the ER.

It's complete bollocks. I wish it would die.

I am very much into alternative medicine, but not voodoo.

If water doesn’t have memory the how does it remember to rain when the weatherman tells it too. Checkmate.

"but placebos still work" actual quote said to me defending woo

Believe it or not, I played with homeopathics once. Some of them are biochemically valid, like their homeopathic phosphate supplements but homeopathy doesn't have a big presence or much power to take care of medical matters.

I agree it is a lot of nonsensical mumbo jumbo. You might as well believe in God as fall for this shit.

Finally. One of the oldest, longest lasting woo-woo's in the alternative "medicine" world.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.