Agnostic.com

6 8

The deepest fish

In the dark abyss of the Pacific Ocean’s Mariana Trench, about 27,000 feet down, lives the deepest fish ever discovered. The Mariana snailfish is a tadpole-like 2- to 4-inch creature that’s much more successful than it looks; this small, translucent fish appears to be the top predator of her underworld.
Human divers cannot go where Mariana snailfish swim, but an international research team did sink cameras and traps deep into this difficult-to-reach and rarely-studied area over three years. The traps took four hours to fall from the ocean’s surface to where this snailfish swims. When raised, they held healthy, well-fed snailfish, and the camera footage had captured their deep sea activities.
[qz.com]

Aralt 7 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Anything from the abyss holds my interest. Never gets old.

It's just amazing that anything can live at that pressure and darkness.

Just makes the theory that life can exist anywhere more believable.

The ocean is truly No Man's Land.

The ocean always amazes me.

Not much of a meal itself ?

I wouldn't want to eat it.

@Bill165
If you are hungry, you will eat anything ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102210
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.