Agnostic.com

5 4

In my early 30's I still believed in god. But with all the different versions of christianity around(over 10,000 in the U.S.A. alone) I decided to educate myself as to which version was the right one.
I started reading the bible at the beginning and was determined to get all the way through it. Thus I would be able to make an informed decision as to which one was the "True one". The more I read the more I became amazed at all the terrible things that "god " did and commanded of his followers. In short order I became an Atheist due to my self education on the subject. I wonder how many "Christians" have actually read their rule book and what possesses them to stay a believer after that?

joeandbarb 7 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The bible puts me to sleep, it's always been boring to me. If I can't sleep, I crack open my bible.

I admit its a very hard read. I find it easier to get through it by reading "the Skeptics annotated bible" an awesome website that outlines the contradictions as you read it

Okay. I'll try it out.

That's basically how I became an atheist. I read the Bible. There's more to the story, but that's what sealed the deal.

I'm not a Christian but as a reformJew I was forced togo to 10 years of Sunday School. I think by the time we got to the book of Job I had decided to stop believing in god. Mean bastard.

I've never barely looked inside the covers

First of all I took it upon myself to do the same thing and as far as I'm concerned anyone who claims god wrote a book (through men of course) and it's the absolutely truth I'm not saying don't investigate it I'm just saying all the other books that people claimed that seem to have more logical holes than a Catholic priest wished a little boy had.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10253
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.