Agnostic.com

21 1

What's your most unpopular belief?

Redcupcoffee 7 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Organized sports are a complete waste of time and money, except maybe as exercise for kids. Applying emotional value to “your” team is nuts.

My sister is a hard-core Seahawks fan... When they're doing great, she's happy. When they suck, she's ready to break things.
I've told her often, "I will never understand how you can get so emotionally involved in the lives of eleven men that you're not personally dating."

I am right in with you. I never ever in my life saw any sports (The entire game). When game comes on TV I change the channel. I put it in the same bag as going to "worship" It should be called WARSHIP for all the violence it promotes.

I don't hold beliefs. Opinions, yes, but they are subject to change based on information/evidence.

that most people don't really give a shit about anyone else

Probably a toss up between; (1.) Trump suffers from Narcistic Personality Disorder & (2.)Free Will is a Superstition.

Wait a minute! I thought these were supposed to be unpopular beliefs!

There's probably a creator, but that creator doesn't care what happens to us.

the creator is the subatomic particles having an innate affinity to congregate

That the human race needs to die out like the dinosaurs so the earth can heal itself

well, after this nobody here will ever interact with me but since you asked. My absolutely most unpopular belief is that here, in the USA, that like it or not it is a RIGHT that people may have and carry arms. I know every single argument against. I know all of the horror stories about crimes committed with firearms. I know all the tortured semantics people use as verbal gymnastics to make the 2nd amendment mean something it doesn't mean. I also know history. I know why the founding fathers felt as they did. I know why they passed the Bill of Rights. And I have watched over my lifetime as many of those rights have been eroded on a gradual yet steady basis. So, all the horrible things notwithstanding, I hold firm in my belief in the bill of rights most certainly including the 2nd amendment.

I agree with you 100%. After I immigrated, the first thing I did was buying a gun. A sense of freedom for me. Look what is happening in Europe, people will be slaughtered like chickens, this could not happen in the USA, but I also agree that storing 2000 bullets is far excessive. The most adept never fired more than 200 or so. You actually lost after you needed to fire the first one. I had guns everywhere and my biggest fear was shooting my wife returning at night from the hospital and me in altered consciousness.

Closure solves emotional turmoil.

Opinion, not belief, but that we are not going to make it as a species, and we only have ourselves to blame because we can't outgrow our species childhood and let go of old discredited ideas, religious, racial, social, economic and class.

We can never ever outgrow it. Evolution in action. Every individual of every species is maximally selfish. If we were not glotons we could not raise progeny. Evolution commands to be successful to breed. We are as smart in this effort as a bacterium in the flask. They will breed and breed until they poison themselves with their shit. This is what people do, I just hope that we go the way of the dinosaur (and 99% of species that ever lived) before we are smart enough to shit up another planet.com/

That humans are a blight on the planet, the worst and most invasive pest there is.

Rome was built in a day, you never asked, and they keep telling you was. They're liars.....

Yes, I feel like when you don't ask a question, but answers are provided regardless, it's probably a lie

I believe the only true god is death. The one we all have to face.

We live we love we die.

That nations are futile.

God does not exist in reality. if there is a force of god, it is undetectable in the 3 dimensional time/space we consider "the universe."

I believe that we are GMO organism, and was put here by Aliens as slaves from a long time ago ,, and was abandoned to fend for ourselves do to a catastrophe that happened a long time ago

as good a theory as any other we have at the moment

I don't believe in the bible, is written to control you and your thoughts, and there's to much blood spilt for,well if you can believe what it says, you are not wrapped up to tight , if people actually believe in it, and I am sure most don't, I would hope anyways lol crazy stuff in that book

That Obama is not the saint the American public make him out to be, that Russia did not lose the election for Hillary, that the Democratic party is as corrupted as the GOP. Mind you, I was a dem for years and remain ideologically liberal and progressive. My very Democratic family and friends think I have gone mad.

Bumbama was a traitor. Perhaps the worst president in history also no person if perfect. The Duck is the best president we had since Kennedy. Again not perfect, simply the best choice we have. And he is a patriot contrary to liberals who have only one goal, destroy our way of life without having a plan "what next"?

Thanks

Do you want the truth? The truth is political, I'm not sure you want that?

My most unpopular belief (apparently) is that we have too many elections. Regular Elections are little more than opportunities for candidates and existing office holders to collect donations, which necessarily cause divided loyalties. On the other hand, Special Elections are ideal; they command more attention from a wider audience. We'd have a pedophile in the Senate if Alabama's most recent Senate race had been a Regular Election. Donations and ALL Special Interest funding are legalized bribery and must be outlawed if we are ever to regain faith in our leaders.

A pedophile is a designation of our time. All great leaders in old Rome, Greece and elsewhere were pedophiles. And it is a trend evolution gave us and jails keep us from, acting on the urges, nothing more, nothing less. I would much rather elect a patriotic, intelligent pedophile than a treasonous liberal.
But if elections were to change anything they would be outlawed a long time ago. A herd of swine simply change at the trough.

That omni -gods have kids and also blame its creation for their behavior.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10374
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.