Agnostic.com

7 1

Should all fiction be banned?

Should all fiction in literature, movies, art, stage, etc. be outlawed because it is not factual? Is there any real need for fiction? What good is it?

skado 9 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am not a fiction reader, but it has its place for those who enjoy it. Di Vinci worked on fiction until it wasn't. If you ban it, I will make a point of reading it, even though most of it is limited. Anybody can make shit up.

Entertainment and fantasy to begin with, and fantasy gives way to discovery and invention.

Donna Level 6 Dec 25, 2017

p.s. Humans like fiction - like superheroes and cartoons.

I did my book-burning the other way around - when I first got "saved." Out with all that was not christian. As I evolved towards my current agnostic status, I realized that having a god or religion is an evolutionary, sociological, cultural tendency that most humans have. That being said, I respect the beliefs of other people (after all, they are just people who are the result of their culture, society, religion, upbringing etc.) I don't care what you "worship". A basic moral code is possibly an innate characteristic that gets molded by society, culture etc. Religion distorts worldview.

Nope. Fiction can be fun, thrilling, exciting, sad, and even educational. Much of fiction has happened or could happen, just not precisely as written. It can inspire dreams and creativity.

Dreams could be called fictional, how are you going to ban those?

are we really going down the of book burning now? I don't enjoy all books movies games etc. but I'm not looking to take a match to them for that reason. the good news if you don't like there's things don't read them watch them or play them fiction has been around for centuries because it does serve a purpose it's called enter. enjoy your holiday.

johns Level 4 Dec 25, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.