Agnostic.com

20 8

What breed of dog do you feel most like?

Whether in looks, personality size, temperament and so on.
For me it woudl be the Irish Wolfhound, for size, temperament and mostly for the scruff factor. I had a dane ocne that ws huge, and often help care for a dane x wolfie. Current dog is much smaller being a dane x shepherd.

Rugglesby 8 June 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Doberman... they're so human. Have thing about opening doors, mind meld you, many are "talkers". One of mine gets upset if i don't go to bed when he decides & will stare at me with pity puppy eyes until I hit the hay or sequester him. LOL
They're a great way to find the bottom of your wallet tho...
[captioned a screen cap of our 2 playing in the snow]

Qualia Level 8 June 18, 2018

Guess: I am German, very smart and love sheep.

Jack Russell

Calico.

that's a cat breed

A wolf.

American Eskimo

For years I liked goldens but in 2006 I got Buddy, a Cairn Terrier mix. He's never once come when I called him. He doesn't like to be picked up although he likes his ears scratched. Always hungry I get stares all mealtime. He doesn't like other dogs and won't sleep in bed with me unless there's lightning and thunder. Not really a car dog either. When I come home from work though, he is joyously happy to see me, when I feed him in the mornings his look of love comes through. I love this dog.

Female mixed breed....scruffy, smart, social and playful. I don't need to be ''groomed'' and I don't need fancy training. And I really know how to love you!

All excellent traits in people and dogs.

Border Terriers, here's my two.

ahhh, more scruffy dogs, love em.

any mongrel. these are only a handful of the street dogs on the thai island of ko phangan. no ownership; pure & unadulterated, non-safe, scruffy freedom.

agreed, mine have all been rescue dogs, I like big dogs, which is probably a good thing as they are harder to find homes for.

@Rugglesby, i also find that pedigrees have a tendency to neurotic behaviour that i don't see in most "bastards". not as spoilt, it seems.

@walklightly as a dog behaviourist I can't agree with your comment I see every breed, cross breed, mongrel it's the owners that are neurotic 🙂

One that a sloth gave birth to.

A standard poodle. Prissy and smart. Kinda aloof and anti-social unless I like you, then you’re my best friend.

They are amazing. There's someone in my FB list who does schutzhund with hers. He's incredible. To see him in "hair horns" biting a guy on a sleeve is a sight not to be missed. It's hysterical and so cool. I LOVE that dog!

@Qualia I work with many breeds of dogs so I know breed personalities. Of course there are individual personalities too.

I seem to like the low rider dogs. Basset hounds are what I've had the most (have 2), and also have a corgi.

I too have corgons

I like the larger breeds. My best dog ever was a Rottweiler that I got when my kids were toddlers. I took him from a friend who was being sent to Korea, and I agreed to find a home for him.

After I saw how protective he was of my children I kept him. He was a lousy guard dog and would have begged a burglar to scratch his ears, but he would not let a stranger near my kids. He was a big baby otherwise.

JimG Level 8 June 11, 2018

rott was one of my sweetest dogs

I like my two rescues they are nothing in particular except fun which is what I like to consider myself

I've got 2 Shih Tzus right now, 12 and 13 yrs old. They're my best little buds. That said, while over on Oahu recently, I saw a really cool little dog; she was an 11 month old Border Collie/Poodle mix. Her name was Bailey, and she was the sweetest little thing with beautiful black and white markings, and according to the owners, exceptionally smart.

Pug... lol.

I feel more like a cat don't give a shit what others think

hmmm. I have one sitting next to me glaring because she wants my seat.

A Labrador retriever. Like a lab, the simple things are important. When I have a job to do I do it. When it's time to play, I play. I'm loyal and love a good belly rub ?

Staffordshire terrier. Sweet wanna be lap dog but very loyal. I'll fight to the death to protect my family if need be.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:104410
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.