Agnostic.com

6 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Even better, how about one with Marilyn Manson !!!

Good one Henry!!

@AmelieMatisse Henry can be creative sometimes ?????

@IamNobody Henry is always creative

@AmelieMatisse and you are always so kind !! ??

Or the 'other' nembers of the 'Manson family'?
?

How wonder that Rev. Yorkman has expressed support for a gay pride parade and tolerance for the statue. If this was the typical face of Christianity, then I could end my outspoken nature as an atheist and the assault on our secular state. But of course we all know it's the fringe.

Excerpt from Article:
"Yonkman said he and his congregation, which is part of the progressive mainline Protestant denomination the United Church of Christ, don’t plan on taking any action about the placement of the statue. Instead, they want to use it as an opportunity to connect with their community.

The church has been planning to host a Pride event in Latham Park next Sunday to show solidarity with the LGBTQ community.

“Marilyn is a gay icon, so it turns out that this may be a fortuitous coincidence,” Yonkman wrote."

Yeah usually UCC churches are fairly progressive

The fun thing is always that churches draw attention to these things and say they they are offended. It's advertising their intolerance. Go for it First Congregational Church of Stamford, art can never be advertised enough.

Gert Level 7 June 13, 2018

There should be a statue of Marilyn outside every church. ??

No, let us not get carried away.

Maybe some churches could have Matisse's dancing nudes. But on a more serious note, Seward Johnson's work is amazing and the 42 acre sculpture garden along with his atelier in Hammond NJ is an amazing place to visit.

My room at my sister's... and she was the centerfold in my Jacksonville apartment with the Hollywood Wall. Happened her now deceased husband was a Marilyn Fan too.

How appropriate! Makes up for all the crosses, Ten Commandments statues, and Jesus statues the curches insist on erecting on public land when they own millions of their own tax free acres all over the place! ??

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105350
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.