Agnostic.com

5 1

QUESTION Are "Transformational Experiences" Important to Non-Religious People?

I have had a number of Transformational Experiences that were instrumental in my developing the beliefs and understandings by which I guide my life. I still seek those experiences in moments of epiphany, mental and emotional adjustment for new perspectives and paradigms. Are such experiences important to you?

SoloSentient 5 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For me being self aware of my transformation is spiritual. My mother just passed at the age of 91. She was not religious until the last few years, and then she wanted to go be with dad in heaven. I think she could have been a centenarian, but she lost the will to live, and put her hopes in an after life.

I do not know if there is personal life beyond this physical plane. I hope there is, but I have a renewed sense to make this life count! I want to be the best husband, father, and human that I can be. I want to continue to grow in understanding the origin of man, and the many cultures on this planet. I want understand and embrace new perspectives of the open mind. I am 65, and find myself knowing less for the pond of gnosis is much deeper than I imagined. I am excited to be on this journey of the self-aware. We are told very little of history, anthropology, or astrology in school or main stream media. And we can not socially evolve if we don't know practical history. We as the people of this planet continue to make the same mistakes. Like I said the pond is deep, and I have just got my toes wet.

By the way it is my opinion that much of religion purposely kept us in the dark. In fact perhaps with all of the information that is available in this modern world the masses are living through another "Dark Age". I don't want to give politicians a break, for they seem to want lead us into the Dark. For now, this is enough said🙂

I can live without a Cardinal (bird) being the soul of some dead relative coming to see me. This happened in front of me when my friend's mom saw a Cardinal and exclaimed, "Look there's Hurley", I choked and laughed and got taken to a motel shortly thereafter.

I don't know, I just do the best I can and that guy from the link is annoying.

Jason prepares his pieces but they are unscripted and spontaneous and he's not for everyone. I enjoy his views on the human condition.

I am not a thrill junky but I do value peak experiences, glimpses of infinity and cathartic immersive experiences. Whether being in a different country and culture, IMAX movies, live or recorded music, remembering past psychedelics realities, or moments of awe.

Thanks for this I will save the links.

A Chinese curse says "may you live in interesting times" My Life has been one interesting time after another, ad-nauseam. Just when I thought things have finally settled, BAM another transformational experience (the death of my partner).

I disagree with the "fall in Love" part. I strongly believe one must ascend (not descend) slowly and with fore thought. Otherwise it is just chemicals and chemicals are not clear and informative, they are fickle. This is especially true as one gets older and experiences transitional experiences.

I can't say for sure if I ever had a transformational experience or not.

oh ya-that's a life changing transformational experience lol.

Do you ever get so lost in a film that time and place fade away allowing you live those 90 minutes with emotional and kinesthetic presence? Or, been taken by the reveries of a song with a deeply anchored emotional connection?

Those experiences nourish us and should be sought out and appreciated for their transformative effect.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10548
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.