Agnostic.com

10 5

A friend recommended this site . . .

Is it truly relatively free of the fake profiles and scammers that populate so many of the other meet'n'greet sites? (I hate the term "online dating" - at best it's "online introductions." )

BluesTunes 4 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, it's not free of scammers and trolls, but they are dispatched quickly. All our experiences are different and we are here for different reasons, but for the most part I find it an intelligently run and a very positive site. Welcome! πŸ˜€

Welcome. I hope you find this place a productive use of your time. I live North in the middle of nowhere so I have no expectation of meeting anybody on these pages. My purpose here is to interact with those who value facts over faith.

Sadly, there are a few on these pages that do not share that objective and promote faith (belief without evidence asserted as "Truth" ) over truth demonstrated by testable facts.

Welcome! I do believe the vast majority of people here are who they say they are. The trolls are few and really seem to be pretty obvious.

Welcome.

Welcome to our humble home. Read, post, comment and just be happy.

No, trolls are present on here as well. This is a good site regardless of that though, hope you decide to stick around.

It's also relatively free of people using this as a dating site. Many are only here for community and not looking to date. There's only 35K people on here and we have members all over the English speaking world. The distances between members can be vast. Just FYI.

Thanks for the tip-off on the scale of the site.

We have few trolls. I haven't been asked to send $ to some address in Aruba yet.
As far as everyone here being 100% honest about themselves while pursuing a partner? Kind of doubt that. We're still human. But we own that.

I've encountered at least two fakers, and there are plenty of raging trolls here, but there's a "block" button on the right hand side of their profiles, and you can report them to the admin. if you like.

But it's better overall than the usual Tinder type dating sites because people are encouraged to talk before dating.

By the way, you earn website points, and help other members get to know you better, when you write an informational profile that includes your hobbies and interests, and answer all the profile questions, since that's the first place many people look when they see a new member.

Also, the website uses your profile to find member matches, so the more details you include, the better the match.

Then you make comments and write your own posts to earn more points and privileges; for instance, at level two you can private email people. You get different perks with each level, and when you reach level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

To find members near you, click on the "Meet" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Or click on the "About" button at the top of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.
Click on the 'Meet" button to find member matches

Links to FAQ: [agnostic.com],
and a website tutorial: [agnostic.com]

Have fun!

I haven’t met any fake profiles that I know of. Admin is pretty good at keeping junk accounts off the site.

Katrik Level 7 June 13, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105803
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.