Agnostic.com

28 6

Are there any other theories aside from the mainstream big bang theory that you think is a likely explanation of our universe?

I have heard of a few scientific theories that aim to explain the origin of our universe that I think are interesting. There is String Theory, for example.. Or the theory where the universe started from different, smaller explosions... Or a multiverse theory where our universe may be one of many universes out there that formed in the same way galaxies are born but on a bigger scale. There's even Simulation Theory that people like Elon Musk find possible. Do any of you subscribe to other theories aside from the mainstream Big Bang Theory as an explanation for the origins of our universe? Let me know what you think 🙂

mek7730 7 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The thing that bothers me is, what's done with knowledge gained from the past? I agree it is fascinating, but in the end, what do we do with the information? I hope we don't try to create any other worlds or universes because we have already littered up this one.

The Big Bang is so wrong its amazing anyone could think that its true.

gater Level 7 June 13, 2018

Why do you say this?

@indirect76 Because the Universe had no beginning, and yet it tries to explain a beginning.

I like the simulation theory. Of course, being a software engineer helps. After all, reality is just the interface of the senses. But I think it's meaningless to ask what it is interfacing with.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105873
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.