Agnostic.com

59 9

Do you like being outside?

By DianeFitzRobin4
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love it. I walk everyday. I love the summer

Every day is so committed. Great confidentrealm!

@DianeFitzRobin Yep I made the commitment. Even in the rain this morning. It makes me feel great!

@confidentrealm awwww, I can sense your enthusiasm-keep it going, an inspiration

I love the outdoors and nature and the change of seasons. I walk outside three miles a day at least five days a week winter and summer on a beautiful wooded trail, and look forward to it every morning. I also have a small flower garden and check it out first thing in the morning every day. Being out in nature is an important part of my life and a wonderful stress reliever.

ezwryder Level 7 June 17, 2018

you and confidentrealm are consistent walkers, ezwryder. I started a small flower garden but am not home enough to tend to it. Maybe I can plan/ budget to take next summer off to garden. To have your own wooded trail......

I like walking the dog, gardening, yard work, the occasional camping trip, paddling my canoe or just taking a nature walk.

awesome

Yes I love being outside but not when it’s hot and buggy. I’m spending a lot of time indoors lately. Florida.

kltuckmn Level 7 June 14, 2018

oh well kltuckmn

When I live in Florida I had a dog I walked twice a day. That really got me in the walking mood although he was slow. Even in the summer, I still loved it. Just as hot and buggy in Houston but I don't let it bother me. All part of nature.

Yes! Nothing better.

Stevil Level 8 June 14, 2018

no kidding!

Yes unless it’s too hot or cold, too dry or humid, raining or snowing, too windy or not enough wind, too many bugs....on second thought, no, I don’t like being outside

joeymf86 Level 7 June 14, 2018

reads like you know yourself

I hate heat, so no, not right now.

Hermit Level 7 June 14, 2018

heat will not last forever, thank goodness

@DianeFitzRobin It lasts a while around here.

@Hermit ooooo, pace yourself-that's a challenging environment

I hate being indoors. I used to work in IT and hated being trapped inside. Now I'm a farmer and love every minute of being outside with my animals.

Jon791 Level 4 June 14, 2018

good career move Jon791

Any day spent outdoors in nature or natural surroundings is preferable to being stuck indoors or around people....it's why I garden and why I hike and travel.

any day is a good day outdoors, I agree

No.

succinct answer!

Of what?

Coldo Level 8 June 14, 2018

I love your wit.

of inside; cool Deb57 loves your wit^?

@DianeFitzRobin Inside of what?

@Coldo not outdoors?

Yes, and so does my dog. I also like being an outsider ?

Yes, I like being an outsider too. Ha!

Yes

☀️me as well

I must have been a happy dog in a previous life, so yeah.....

IamNobody Level 8 June 14, 2018

Ahhh, happy dogs outside, nice image

Why..do you know something I don't?? ???

Hitchens Level 8 June 14, 2018

Jokes aside..I like indoors and outdoors...depends on mood..weather etc

@Hitchens that's fair

As a rule, yes. I like to walk through my neighborhood on a regular basis and see what's happening, as long as it isn't raining or snowing too hard. Plus the cardio is good for me, right?

SonofMax Level 7 June 14, 2018

So good for us to be outside, yes

It's the best.... except it gets so hot here and the humidity is brutal. I can tough it out if I have a change of clothes ready.

MatRA Level 4 June 14, 2018

way to be prepared, I like that idea

I love being outdoors & being in nature.

so healthful

If it's comfortable weather, and biting insects are at a minimum, I quite enjoy the outdoors. I especially like the woods.

resserts Level 8 June 14, 2018

I miss the woods, trees here can be spindly-evergreens are plentiful thankfully

I prefer it.

birdingnut Level 8 June 14, 2018

I prefer it.

birdingnut Level 8 June 14, 2018

so many scents in the fresh breezes, so many interesting ecosystems

There are times I think of putting on my backpack and disappearing. Does that count?

Holysocks Level 7 June 13, 2018

most definitely counts-to hike cross country wilderness trails-what a feat that would be!

Yeah. Like a few of the others I’m also a pale mosquito magnet that spends most of my time indoors but I’m making it a point to carefully get a tan this summer, and the vitamin D feels fantastic. Mostly love being outside in the fall on a nice cool night, with a bonfire or in the dark star gazing.

Wurlitzer Level 8 June 13, 2018

cool nights by the bonfire and a musical instrument or two....

Love being outdoors! In my garden, hiking, foraging. Up by 5am and outside with my coffee.

AmiSue Level 8 June 13, 2018

foraging I haven't done much of, how rewarding that must be

@DianeFitzRobin Raspberry season starts next week! My favorite.

@AmiSue oooooo, I hear those bushes take a long time to "set" How lucky you know where some are. I have never tired of overeating berries.....that would be my biggest challenge to foraging, I bet, lol

Yes. Unless there are mosquitoes. They consider me delicious.

Deb57 Level 8 June 13, 2018

there's this all natural bug spray I make from googling the recipe-they land on me but don't bite

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:106407'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!