Agnostic.com

17 2

Is my current profile picture too grumpy looking to use in dating app?

BawdyTales 5 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't know 'bout yours, I love mine though

I don't know about grumpy... maybe a bit too serious is closer to the truth. Perhaps you can convince someone to get a candid shot of you doing something you enjoy.

AmyLF Level 7 June 14, 2018

I think this is a very clever way to get people to look at your profile. Well done!

I can see how it would look a little attention seeking. I had a bit of an odd moment after a few comments on Facebook. My "resting bitch face" is a standing joke that I don't mind but after a few "psycho" comments I began to give serious thought as to what it conveys to different people. Maybe part intrigue part paranoia

@BawdyTales Do you overanalyse at all?

@GoldenDoll frequently.

If you are normally a serious guy and it reflects who you are in real life, it's fine. That's what is important. Dating profile photos should reflect the real you as you are now. Not a picture from 10 years ago. LOL

Aushra Level 6 June 14, 2018

Yep this's me, relaxed and in neutral, I feel silly smiling into a camera.

No. What’s this Peaky Blinders bdsm photo about! HOT! Plus the accent. You could smile, but you’re probably smiling inside. 🙂 I’m certain there are girls in line for you.

CM1965 Level 7 June 14, 2018

Well that's about as lovely a comment as I could've hoped for! From a very attractive fellow punk rocker too! (I've also seen tons of ska and two tone bands) Thank you x

@BawdyTales Thanks 😉 and I LOVE SKA!

What matters more than anything when it comes to your online dating profile? One word: Photos. Photos can drastically increase your chances of getting more communication and dates. Or not.

“Use your photos as a primary tool to express who you are, what you love to do, where you love to go and what type of lifestyle you lead.” (From “The Most Successful Online Dating Profile Photos Revealed” by EHarmony, 2014.)

Want to completely kill any chances of success? Then upload blurry, dark or poor quality images. This seems like an obvious statement, but thousands of people upload pics like this.

You have 5 seconds to make a good impression. Women will see your main photo as a tiny pic the size of a saltine cracker on their cell phone screens. If your main photo is not clear, bright and attractive, they move on.

A genuine smile is inviting, warm and appealing. Women want to see your eyes and smile.

If you look happy in your photos, women will see you as a fun person they will enjoy being around.

Smiling always feels forced and a bit silly when all I'm doing is snapping my own face but studies have shown that it does make you more attractive?

Perhaps at least a pleasant expression, with light on your face.

As much as I advocate against a fake the world is rosey smile, perhaps a change is in order. Your not a bad looking fellow, your expression in this photo is not inviting.

Then again, one needs ask what type of dating site. I am pretty sure I wouldn't get out of a date with you without a welt on my ass. It's all about expectations isn't it? lol

@RoseyRose haha welts one the ass are always discussed and agreed upon before hand. Sometimes a simple coffee and a chat makes a lovely first date.

Thanks for your feedback, i even cracked a smile!

Perhaps a bit of a smile, maybe show off your skin art a little....nah..you're good.

You look serious. Which is fine!

I love tattoos, I think it’s a pretty attractive picture, tbh. I think you need one without glasses so people can see your eyes - one pic with glasses and one without.

Livia Level 6 June 13, 2018

Thank you for the feedback and for being lovely. The glass are from an app

If you like it - it's good. Best to be yourself anyway

I find your main profile pic to be very interesting. You have another pic that shows you don't take yourself too seriously, so I think you're good. ?

Thank you. I like the pic but I've had some quite alarming comments ?

I don't think it's too grumpy.

Yes.
And we will not speak of the GLASSES.

Maybe you heed a shave ?

No shave! Research shows women like stubble! ?

@Livia
He has more than stubble ?

@VAL3941 and beards. I will cry the day all the men start shaving all smoothly again. I like a beard, a tash, all good. A hairy back is not a plus but not a minus either.

@Livia
Hair is hair ? We all have our own choices to have or not to have. I have sported a beard for years. Some women complain others praise. He asked for advice, I gave it. His decision to use it or not ?

@VAL3941 lol, of course it is! Just chatting! I am not sure what you read into my posts, but I am not ordering him to anything or trying to contradict you! Who knew this innocent thread would escalate ! ? See you

@Livia
Just thought you were being difficult. My humblest apologies. Please forgive me ? I actually like to banter wigh other !??

@VAL3941 Absolutely forgiven in a second over the beard vs. no beard issue! Haha. No worries! ❤️

@Livia
Only over the beard v no beard issue ???

Probably not. I don't find it off-putting.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106421
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.