Agnostic.com

3 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Every time a new Star Wars or Star Trek movie comes out, I feel like what I loved becomes a little more buried under a pile of stuff that is now the norm. It's like enjoying a really good recipe your whole life only for "Hot Pocket" variations to come out every other year to the point where most people around you are unaware of how it should actually taste. I would rather have nothing new than new and mediocre. Adding more for the sake of adding more doesn't make the franchise better or more expansive, it just deludes the original greatness.

Also, for some reason, J.J. Abrams seems to think that Star Trek is about vengeance. It's the primary plot point for the antagonist in each of his films. It's Star TREK. A journey into the unknown. Did he even listen to the monologue at the beginning of TOS or TNG? It literally explains what the point of the series is about. "These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before." Seth MacFarlane understands this and it is why The Orville feels more like Trek than Star Trek Discovery despite it being somewhat comical.

Long live imagination

azzow2 Level 9 June 15, 2018

Bookmarked for later viewing.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:107349
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.