Agnostic.com

9 2

Local Atheist activities

Are you involved with any local atheist/agnostic organizations?

If yes, which ones and what type of activities is it involved with?

If not, why not?

Crimson67 8 June 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

FLASH (FLorida Atheists and Secular Humanists), Road cleanups, Science education in local schools, as well annual celebrations with guest speakers about Carl Sagan and Charles Darwin, to name a few.

I am, but I don't like it much as Atheists in that group tend to act religion-like. Wanting to turn people around etc. I value freedom for myself and for others. If others don't want to think things over, that's their individual problem. Well if they ask my opinion. I'll tell them. Only with the Jehova Witnesses I can't help to start counter attacking.

Gert Level 7 June 17, 2018

I love talking to them since I was with that organization for 10 years and know their doctrines of foolishness.

There is a group, tri-state freethinkers, with active chapters in Cincinnati and Lexington, KY. i haven't been able to go to many events, but did join up with them when they organized a rally at the Ark Encounter on its first anniversary. We got some press!

There aren't any where I live that I know of

Yep I belong to local secular group in Coos county Oregon we meet in Coquille! 1st & 3rd Thursday @ 12:00pm
]

What do you mean by 'local'. I am an after-life member of FFRF and a member of the Humanists and the Brights. Here is a listing of chapters from FFRF. There is a convention in San Francisco in Nov. and I have signed on.

@Crimson67 I see my link was not added. Here is it again [ffrf.org] I think a lot of groups started at the grass roots level and then went national as the movement grew. National is where the real strength lies. Local chapters can have their own issues and culture, though.

Would’t every activity not done with churches or church members be athiest activities?

Nope.
I'm not a joiner

Unfortunately I find myself in a sea of religious people with few openly atheists around to make up any sort of organization ?

Me too

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:108038
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.