Agnostic.com

12 3

Elvis or Ricky?

When I was a youngster,there were two schools of thought,Elvis Presley or Ricky Nelson. In which school were you enrolled?

Nineteenrookie 4 June 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds like a Beatles and Stones question in the UK!

Beatles/Stones was a question here in the States also.
BEATLES!

Ricky

Marine Level 8 June 16, 2018

ELVIS!

Little Richard

I didn't like either of them. But Ricky Nelson looks handsome.

@RaaChenn The problem with Elvis' material was that 'The Colonel' booted out Lieber and Stoller and got him signed up for those awful films for I don't know how many years. That for me was the tragedy of Elvis.

Ricky Gervais. But, Elvis is ok, especially his early work with The Attractions.

MikaB Level 5 June 16, 2018

I gotta go back and listen to Ricky Nelson. I think the TV show may have helped at the beginning, but like David Cassidy, in the long run, he wasn't taken seriously.

Yes, Armed Forces was a reasonable album for the time along with the hits 'Chelsea' and 'Detectives' prior.

Not crazy about either, but we did play a show with Ricky at the Rainbow Music Hall in Denver shortly before he died. That was sad.

I missed Elvis' heyday, so.at the time I fell into the Ricky Nelson camp. But looking back over the longer term, I have developed into.an Elvis fan. Rick Nelson had his TV show to help.make him visible, but Elvis had to do it on his own. And I think Elvis was more talented. He had a better quality voice, in my opinion, and could sing a broader range of types of music.

Of that time probably elvis, but enjoy both.

I thought you mustve been talking about Ricky Martin. No idea who Ricky Nelson is. You know there has been some good music produced since the '50s!!!

Ricky is better looking but I think Elvis was more charismatic

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:108047
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.