Agnostic.com

8 0

The sense of untruth

Have any of you questioned a member as misrepresenting themselves? Other words, thought you were texting a scammer. What tipped you off? Did you play along for kicks or shut them down fast? How did it effect your trust with others?

Shazbott68 5 June 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find with female scammers, it is always Money. Why is that ?

I used to play along with scammers, and they always asked for money. I decided life is too short and I dropped all dating sites cuz that was all I was finding.

I had one guy....strung him along a bit. I worked alongside 20,000 men in a shipyard for 13 years, even became a supervisor. Nobody gets up earlier than me, so to speak........
He was alternately flirtatious, romantic, and abusive, sometimes in the same sentence. Didn' t even give him my cell number, those kind can turn dangerous

I wish I had your gift.

@Shazbott68 my "gift", so to speak, comes from escaping an abusive husband in the days before help lines/shelters/etc..........i know I can depend on me!

It tipped me off when he wouldn't give me any information on himself.

A member of this site? No. But I get strange emails to my work email that I know can’t be real.

That Nigerian prince is offering a sweet deal… if only someone would help the fellow out.

That's called phishing, and you have to be careful not to click any links in those strange emails,or you might launch malware.

Ordinary people may lie to make themselves seem better than they are. Scammers are con men and women who aim to separate you from your money. I've met a lot of scammers online, but none so far on this site.

Apparently I’m not all that interesting.

Same here. A problem I haven't had.

If I don't have a real name and picture, am I misrepresenting myself? ...and, if I am not asking for anything, am I a scammer?

Oh honey, there are actual bad guys out there, everywhere...you have a Looong way to go to qualify...

@AnneWimsey that IS exactly what I am saying, I am NOT a bad guy... and, I am NOT trying to qualify to anything.....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:108801
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.