Agnostic.com

6 2

Isn’t it strange how Christians try to shrug off the Old Testament?

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's actually very weird. The syllogism goes: Adam and Eve (OT) committed the original sin (disobeying god). This sin required a redeemer (Christ, NT). No OT, no original sin, hence no need for a redeemer. OOPS.
A good argument for those trying to wriggle off the hook that is Leviticus.

aren't Christians just strange

They Have? I thought they were still living it.

Ha ha ha good one!

Aren't the Ten Commandments in the Old testament? LOL

Cdove Level 2 Dec 27, 2017

Lol yep !

Yeah, it's out-dated they think.

Or they use the excuse why Jesus came to make things better. Ummm Yahweh knew in advance man would fail, starting back to Adam and Eve so I don’t even understand the whole point of the religion.

It's nonsensical.

Most of the Bible is a fairy tale. However, there is some wisdom and history. We just have to decide which history might be correct. Its a guessing game. I don't believe the man Jesus actually lived. The birth of Jesus is a borrowed story. Christmas and Easter are pagan holidays.

Agreed.

@FarahWonderland I agree 100%

It's not surprising to me, actually. On the whole, Christians seem to embrace hypocrisy and harming others whether through doing nothing or through the intrusion of their 'faith' into the lives of others.

They act just like their God: petty.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10892
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.