Agnostic.com

14 3

Has your trust in humanity been destroyed?

Is humanity trustworthy?

atheist 8 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nah, just american humanity. You can Not tag the rest of Humanity for the rise of trump. We Have to Own This Shit Alone.

@atheist I can Not Worry about the other Assholes Out There... When I got The Worst Right Here... and is a Self Inflicted Wound, A Victim Assisted Scam.

I havent trusted humanity, as a whole, in a very long time. Its always been difficult for me to trust anyone absolutely. So, yes, my trust in humanity has been destroyed.

Della Level 6 Dec 28, 2017

Humans suck. My going motto of recent years. We are fucking everything up!

At times it has questioned me, but everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Humanity is a young species with great effort to change. We can change overtime. so, No it has not.

I would use the word "trust" advisedly, but no; humanity is behaving pretty much as it always has.

skado Level 9 Dec 27, 2017

what trust? you don't lock the door to keep the dog indoors.

mine used too and I still have a double lock on my front door.

oh he was a handful lol

Also we are not nearly as politically divided as ot appears.

Lilie Level 6 Dec 27, 2017

Every day it's revived and extinguished. But for the most part it's just small embers.

Cwen Level 4 Dec 27, 2017

@atheist I do deal with depression, so basically. lol

Largely, yes. With the 2016 election in the US, we might argue that the current pres was not actually elected by the people, BUT most of the already proven corrupt incumbants were, which shows that there is nothing so terrible that current politicians can do to actually cost them their jobs. People won't do what's best for the country, just what either benefits them or sticks it to who they hate. Such a lovely basis for a form of government.

Zster Level 8 Dec 27, 2017

No I have faith in humanity. I trust that if someone is being hurt that someone will help them. The two Muslim girls on a streetcar were defended by strangers. If someone abandons a littler of puppies/kittens on the side ofthe road someone will do the right thing and take care of them. We did that and kept 3 of the kittens ourselves. Political decisions have made me angry but I have faith 2018 will be a bloodbath for Republicans.

I hesitate to lump everyone together. Is it really any different than it always has been ?

Some folks are trustworthy, and others, most definitely not !

Even some people you may not necessarily like , could be trusted. And vice-versa.

No, it's no different than it has always been. But technology has provided us the means to know this now. Yet we allow the past to continue to be the now.

@William_Mary Technology, or not, how can we truly know, unless we actually place our trust in someone, and live the outcome ?

@evergreen my point was that technology has provided the means to know what our history classes and media kept from us to know now. In which we debate on social forums. Yet through that debate and sharing facts within we've done nothing to change. The last election cycle was a pure example of why humans suck. Anyone with any sense what so ever of Trump and his fathers past would have known what would come of his win. His entitled children have clearly stayed the path. Same as with the history of Clinton. No matter how much history over decades we shared to the nature of her liberalism policies and lies we posted about her, it wasn't enough for people to seek a 3rd party. We got, she's better than Trump. And vice versa. Sanders killed trust for millions of people. You can only trust yourself. And we often fail ourselves. Trust is and never will be a measure of certainty. As a whole, we are failing each other and this planet. While those that absolutely deserve no trust oppress us and destroy our communities and planet.

@William_Mary Since the question posed seemed to be general as opposed to political, that's kind of where I was headed. But I hear ya.

Not completely, but I have a pretty dim view of most people these days...Thankfully, there are still dogs...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No.

Because I've never had any.

Being an eternal optimist yes, for the most part I like to think so.

@atheist you surrounded by optimistic people ...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10940
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.