Agnostic.com

28 4

How many of you find it difficult to contain "displeasure" around people who are overwhelmingly religious?

DharlesCarwin 4 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I try to just keep on a vacuous smile. But I know I probably look surprised.

Having dated a woman who became charismatic over the course of our relationship for reasons unrelated to our dynamic, I can tell you that what rankles me more than anything is the way they deploy scripture instead of expressing their own views, opinions, & feelings. I've seen more than one person who proselytizes to hide themselves from the world. Never much of a believer to begin with, this is what sealed the coffin for me.

actors reading a script

Remember playing slaughter all in grade school and it always came down to having those last couple of kids that nobody wanted to pick? Now, imagine that, instead of only 2 or 3 kids, you had millions and the team captains are the various religions. Atheists are just the kids who walked away from the game.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:109753
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.