Agnostic.com

12 1

How do we, as a community, deal with the inevitable trolls that show up?

Rideauxb 7 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

throw them under the bus !

They don' bother me at all. I like talking to everybody, believers, non believers, assholes, like minded, people that totally disagree with me. They're curious like everyone else. I'm respectful so if I end up debating one they usually end up praying for me rather than condemning me or ignoring and blocking me if they start to feel their beliefs threatened by logic. Whatever.

Closet non-believers seeking knowledge and understanding under the disguise of disruption.
This is my response to a troll

Nice question! We have several behind-the-scenes tools to identify bad behavior but we rely mostly on you guys. We just updated the "report" and "block" member code today so that it can be used to flag posts that are suspect. Also, if a user gets too many reports, we automatically require their content to be reviewed before it goes live... in a special queue. I'll make an "update" posts in the next couple of days.

Admin Level 9 Dec 27, 2017

They're all over FB. I stopped commenting on public news posts or a singer's post. All I get is idiots making fun of my looks and calling me stupid. Trolls are ignorant. It's called cyber bullying in my world.

I hear you. The ones that attack my character and not my argument are the worst... they usually end up blocking me. Oh, and by the way, conservative Republicans are worse than Evangelicals but when they're both, ewww!

Ad hominem attacks suck.

Report them to Admin.

Troll back.

I eventually block them. If they are really bad, I report them.

I like to play wid 'em a leetle before I keel 'em.

I think it best to just ignore them and probably block them.

SamL Level 7 Dec 27, 2017

I will knock him off the bridge with my horns.

I love trolls. Trolls are fun. I've dealt with them on message boards before and they're so stupid and predictable it's pathetic. Trolls are play toys to be kicked around for your amusement. Always remember that.

Depending upon my mood, I often enjoy dissecting their "arguments" and aggravating the hell outta them. It's a hobby.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10986
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.