Agnostic.com

15 8

LINK Southern Baptists Call Off the Culture War - The Atlantic

America’s largest Protestant group moves to cut ties with the Republican Party and reengage with mainstream culture.

skado 9 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That is Good political news

Wow, it will be interesting to see what happens!

Excellent, the Pubs are weakened.

EdEarl Level 8 June 18, 2018

I always wondered how the cognitive dissonance of what Trump stands for and what Jesus reportedly stood for didnt turn the Christian right away from him and those in Congress who are his puppets. Maybe family values was the tipping point??

No thanks

Marine Level 8 June 18, 2018

Well my brother.... if i get this wrong then please educate me. The biggest part of this was allowing abuse of women this culture until now. Am i right? Hell.... i just now remember my dad hitting my mom when i was a little boy. Ive had that buried inside me for almost 50 years.... oh man.
Look... i dispise any man handling or hitting a women unless their life is on the line. I wish my old man was alive so i could confront that evil bastard.
My question is why did it take so long to understand and stop and break ties. How can you pray to a god that's suppose to love and take care of you ....to stop this abuse? What the hells wrong with men and their ego. I know women want their say in equality and they should be heard. Why not? They should have equal pay if they can do the job. But its not in me to hit a women or hurt a women. They ought to put all offenders in jail...

@Theskeptic alright...

I agree but it seems the underlying pholosophy or intetpretation was that men are superior women wete to obey their spouse. At least in the old testament, which seems what they follow.
I figured Jesus being born from the first surrogate mother modernized it and instead of stoning we turn the other cheek and the rich take a back seat to helping the poor and sick.
So those Chritians promoting a Trump character is not about their religion

Breath holding I shall not do. Maybe they heard Jimmy Carter after all.

Breath holding I shall not do.

A dream come true. This is a positive thing, how far will it go? Seems the flip flops of the south have always had far reaching consequences.

Change is always generational.

Lol can Southern Baptists actually substantiate any of their beliefs to any extent?

45's disgust is catching on....

Lukian Level 8 June 18, 2018

Is there such a thing as religious evolution? increasing women involment and power and, distancing themselves from the GOP. Wow!

Lukian Level 8 June 18, 2018

We'll be watching

Evolution is KEY to religion's survival. They are the best at evolution

this sounds good

btroje Level 9 June 18, 2018

good news.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:109941
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.