Agnostic.com

5 1

Many years ago Little Tikes toy company wrote the assembly instruction on a 12th grade reading level. They had to revise their thinking because 70% of the US population had a 10th grade reading level.

steve148 7 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm reading kids books from the early 1900's . Kipling in particular. They are filled with words I've never used. there again i never got through to post secondary education. I would recommend Kim and Stalky and co. Brilliant stories.

Makes sense:

• Immigrants
  • Young people
  • the elderly who became alliterate

I do a ton of exporting to the EU and we have all these guidelines to follow on making products that can be used by the illiterate.

The elderly tend to be more educated. The US education was mush better 40-50 years ago

And now we have a president at the 7th grade level

• being a little generous , I am....

I live in a very rural community and I believe it, if I take people in this community as an example. My wife is in charge of the library and people in general take out movies and use the internet but most don't check out books. Most of the good teachers have deserted the schools also.

gearl Level 8 Dec 27, 2017

That makes sense.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10995
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.