Agnostic.com

6 3

LINK Americans grapple with recognizing facts in news stories: Pew survey

Not surprising to anyone who frequents WP, NYT, FOX, or any other modern news outlet, as op-ed's have overtaken fact based reporting.

The lack of critical skills from the public is one factor but the other are news outlets pumping 10 hours of op-ed's and 13 hours of "allegedly" or "sources say" per day and only 1 hour of actual fact based reporting.

This is why I trust Reuters and the AP, which don't rely on op-eds, above all others that do.

#fox
TheMiddleWay 8 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I trust MSNBC completely. Over the past few years I have learned so much about history and reason. As an avid watcher of Rachel Maddow I know more about Mueller and his findings than most. But you also mentioned FOX in your post. That is cutting it very close as there are a few fox anchors that are journalist, The rest of fox is pure shit

EMC2 Level 8 June 19, 2018

@TheMiddleWay True but she is a scholar completely educated in political science. She tells the truth and is always up to date. When in error she quickly corrects the mistake..
She provides an education as well as inside story not heard else where, She is NOT like Hannity or Carlson. She is real.

Boy howdy🙂

New York Times and Washington Post. Anyone taking on Trump’s policies is a friend of mine.

@TheMiddleWay But regarding Obama, the right wing used completely fake news and spread it out there. As for Trump, the news is real on the left wing. He is a fraud and putting the nation is harms way. Huge difference. Fake accusations verses real ones.

@TheMiddleWay I do not find this at all. Trump is supported by facts and those facts show he is disgusting. I do not believe any type of hearsay. We liberals or thinkers easily see the difference. Those that do not read, nor think, yes they believe is shit like fox

It's somewhat disturbing that a throwaway cliché like "Democracy simply does not work" has more credence in today's political reality, than ever..
Regarding Fox and Trump ..well...perhaps you can fool some of the people..all of the time. Non fact based reporting, propaganda, and voter apathy is a powerful cocktail that can lead to a comedy of errors.

Too much fake news.

EdEarl Level 8 June 18, 2018

I'll check Reuters. Thanks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110086
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.