Agnostic.com

9 6

How do you feel about the smell of a cigar in the morning.

Damn... i wish i had one. Im from the old south. I remember the smell of diesels and cigars in town. It give the town character. Charleston South Carolina buss stop. Shoe shine guys at the barber shop. 5 cent coffee. 25 cent cigarette machines. 10 cent cokes. Bacon eggs toast and coffee for a dollar. But if you think about it... wages were 75 cents an hour. So nothings changed....everything goes up..hmm?

BucketlistBob 8 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like the smell of a good cigar.

Alrighty!

It's OK on occaision. My grandfather and my ex smoked cigars.

...not indoors of course.

No thank you . I don't want to smell cigars at any time .

Not in my house, ever.

Oh ..that's an outside luxury...?

I love pipe smoke..smell.

Me too...

I don't like cigar smells; pipe can be very wonderful though.

smells are like time machines sometimes.

Yes they summon up the past..and instantly deliver a whoosh of pure nostalgia..

I had an uncle who smoked and a brother who is older and remembers that uncle more clearly has dabbled in cigars himself. That's about the extent of my nostalgia for it. Never much cared for it to be honest. Expensive cigars can smell nice but even they end up leaving a stale and unpleasant aftersmell that's hard to get out of things.

I can remember 1 ounce postage stamps going from 4 to 5 cents each but I don't have nostalgia for it. Those weren't the good old days, they are just familiar tropes from my youth. They don't even apply -- I get almost nothing but junk mail anymore, everything comes through the Internet now anyway, so how is the cost of a Forever Stamp even relevant to compare to those 4 cent stamps of my early childhood?

Sick

Marine Level 8 June 19, 2018

Its ok. I had a sergeant light one up every morning when i was in nam. It actually smelled better then the rice and burnt food i had to smell all the time. The Vietnamese had a hot plate in the shop. They cooked their rice there. Ugh....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110576
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.